or Connect

Posts by elehcdn

Perhaps, but occasionally even on OS X, I get weird behavior that gets fixed by dumping pref files and caches. Even if you never use an app, if it is loaded on a device, it still needs to be tracked and still needs to be in some sort of app database. At some point, the OS may reach out and query it to make sure it is still there and there may be some background process that can trigger issues. We are talking about executable files, not just data files that sit there and do...
Yep, as I pointed out with my link, the law is different for credit vs debit. Yes, it is true that your bank will make good on it for you, but they don't have to. Plus, in my experience, it has been much more difficult to get a bank to remove an NSF fee from your account if a fraudulent charge puts you into an overdraft situation plus, if a check comes in while your bank is resolving the issue (even if it is a temporary debit), you may be responsible for any fees to the...
But how can Apple remove an app that was made for iOS4 off of your phone - especially if the users don't even know that it is there because it was part of the their 700 app backup?
Not really. There are system crashes within OS X that are only fixed by clearing caches and/or pref files in the library, especially when you are running older versions of applications. Unfortunately, while you can open the library folder in your home directory on OS X and clean that out, there is no equivalent way to do so within ios. btw, this issue is the reason why iOS use the Sandbox - there isn't supposed to be any interaction between apps. Unfortunately, as users...
You do realize that if you have any unauthorized charges on your debit card, the money will be immediately debited from your account and if it causes any overdrafts, that will likely be considered to be your fault and will trigger an overdraft fee, right? And that while unauthorized charges on a credit card are capped at $50, your liability for unauthorized charges is based upon the reporting...
Nope. Target has a debit RedCard and a credit RedCard. The credit version is not linked.
Well, if you read the macrumors link the MCX CEO is now throwing his investors under the bus ...
ApplePay is a payment device, just like cash or a credit card. I remember the days when cc receipts were nothing more than a receipt for the charge authorization - when there was not an itemized list on the credit card receipt, and even now, people that use the small adjunct CC processor don't provide itemization. If you do a quick search on the Apple support forums, they state that they are only the payment provider, not the seller and that you should ask your seller for...
Don't worry, a bunch of the emails were fake so it's not a big deal. That is why I plan to sign up for CurrentC with a fake SSN and bank routing information. Hey, it's not a big deal!
Exactly ... and of course, while the victimized want to say that it will take too much time to actually determine if any particular app out of 700 can cause a problem, how about just scanning the app store to see if they are still compatible? Most amazing is the belief that if they were reloaded from a backup, obviously there will be no problem - not only do apps have to register somewhere within a database that they are on the device, but there are also possibilities of...