or Connect

Posts by elehcdn

OK, so I have my iPhone 5 in my hands after UPS dropped it off. What's next?   Need a case and the Lightning adapter. Did anyone get either of those? Any suggestions of where to find them? I went to the online Apple Store, but didn't see any new cases. About ready to head over to local Apple Store and hoping there is no line.
You mean as opposed to Android users who have spent $5.9 Billion on NEW phones after throwing away the phone they bought 9 months ago that is now outdated?
Google first announced plans to begin monetizing Google Maps nearly a year ago, including a requirement that any new services forward display advertising in Google Maps along to their end users, so Google could start generating advertising revenue from the service. The hammer truly dropped in October 2011, when Google finally revealed pricing for Google Maps services. Lightweight usage was still free — subject to terms of service, of course. However, significant load...
Please read my referenced article. This is the first phone Apple released since Google changed the business strategy for Google Maps. I am not sure that Apple had a lot of choice ...
You mean because Steve Jobs would never ... ship a phone without physical dial pad? ship a laptop without a CD/DVD/Bluray drive? ship a computer without an RS-232 port? put a useless RF-45 connector in for networking? only connect to printers through a network connector? build a graphic user interface? base all printing on post script?   ... I think you get the idea ...
I was a little concerned because I still saw preparing order until this morning, but it appears that my iPhone 5 was already in transit and is already on the last leg to Los Angeles tonight, then to my house in the morning.     Location Date Local Time Activity Louisville, KY, United States 09/20/2012 3:54 P.M. Departure Scan   09/20/2012 8:18 A.M. Import...
More on the whole computer mapping space,     "It’s safe to say that Google is going to continue to push to monetize Google Maps and bank on the substantial investment it has made to develop the service. That’s probably not going to mean higher fees for apps and services to use Google Maps; however, it’s more likely that Google will continue to tweak terms of service so users of Google Maps will increasingly have to accept advertising from Google pushed along with...
Your comment looks absolutely backwards to me. Apple moved to using OSM, an open standard. If they add data to OSM, they are providing it as open source. Google on the other hand has built their own mapping system and apparently is keeping it proprietary. They are in the business of collecting and controlling data, and they are doing the same thing with their maps.   The map app is a simply a container for the OSM initiative, with innovation built into the imaging side of...
I don't think this is that far off of what Apple has already been working on. The smart cover was built to allow the cover to be folded back to give partial access to the screen. I am just not sure that I have seen anyone take advantage of this functionality.
You do realize that once you pay for a 24 month contract at £46 you will have paid approximately $1800 US for the phone and 2 years of service, right? Or if you sign up for 6 months without service at £63, you will have to shell out £378 pounds or approx. $625 for a 16 GB iphone.