or Connect

Posts by PeterAlt

I bet you all the the unannounced iPad Pro (with the larger screen) will have a resolution capable of 4K! That would explane why the resolution hasn't changed on the iPad Air 2. They were saving the bump in resolution for the model with the bigger screen!
Based on the trends and the rumors pouring into the rumor mill, the evolution of the iPhone is going 3D. The current generation has the front camera lopsided, unbalanced on the left side. This leads to speculation that the space on the right side of the ear piece is reserved for a depth sensor on the iPhone 6S, most likely one developed by Prime Sense. Note that iPhone 6 rumors began around 2-3 years ago were mostly correct in its predicted form-factor. People expected...
It's not a replacement for an iPad. I sold my iPad Mini 2 and plan on getting the iPad Air 2.
That's what I thought at first before I got mine. But it's not.
People like this never cease to amaze me... Always anticipating the next Apple product to be a flop. For this, here's all I have to say:The 3:1 ratio has nothing to do with it being a flop, but because of supply. I just now got my phone and waited since it was released. All variations of the plus were sold out for several weeks until just recently when I got mine.According to the article, the 6 plus ranks as the second selling phone during the timeframe of the article....
I was one of those who thought the 6+ was too big... Until I bought one, that is. Let me explain. I've been waiting since the release of the 6 to get a 6, not the plus. But I needed 64GB to import everything from my 32GB iPhone 5. All stock in any 64GB model 6 was all sold out... Until last week. But it was the 6+ that was now available in 64GB, not the 6. Desperate for a new I-device because my iPad Mini 2 was now unusable and void of its warranty, I decided just to...
How have they said the opposite? VOLTE is a public domain standard. It's still up to the individual carriers to connect their networks and make sure there's cross-compatibility. The fact the two biggest carriers just agreed to such a thing is an encouraging sign that others will follow and join in.This is the beginning of standardization.
People here aren't getting why this is such a big deal! Finally, video will be a standardized feature. No special software. Interoperability between brands, networks, and nations. In a few years, everyone will have a capable phone and anyone they call will be able to receive the call and its advanced features including video, HD voice, and data. The advanced nature of the standard even allows for services that haven't even been dreamt of yet. It is truly revolutionary and...
Oh, and I will bet that next year's product line up will include PrimeSense proximity sensors (at least the iPhone 6S will)! Each "S" version of the iPhone have included technologies bought from acquired companies for around $400 million. The iPhone 4S had SIRI. The 5S had Touch ID from Authentech. Likewise, the 6S will have 3D proximity sensors from PrimeSense.
Here's my situation. I have a 64GB iPad Mini 2. I got it a couple of months ago and fell in live with it. Then, I started noticing it lacks some of the LCD technologies found on my iPhone 5. I got it over the iPad Air because I found my previous iPad 3 too bulky and heavy. For the same specs as the iPad Air and a better PPI ratio, I found it to be the perfect product! As I used it more and more over the weeks, I began to notice that it lacked many of the design...