or Connect

Posts by PeterAlt

It has dual microphones as well. Any other differences, anyone?EDIT - Nevermind. The iPad Mini 2 also has dual mics.
Why would they price iPad Mini 3 $100 more than the iPad Mini 2 and only offer Touch ID and dual microphones for that price? Sure, margins get a huge boost for the iPad Mini 3 by doing this, but demand is going to very low! Unless Apple plans on manufacturing the iPad Mini 3 in low quantities, or phase out the iPad Mini 2 and selling off existing inventories, this isn't making much sense to me. Further, I don't understand why the iPad Air 2 hasn't gotten an increase in...
So, basically, the only differences between the iPad Mini 2 and 3 are Touch ID and dual microphones. It is still the same form factor and weight as the iPad Mini 2. It does not have the screen improvements that are in the iPad Air 2, but it is priced $100 less than the iPad Mini 2. Is this right that the Mini 2 will now be $100 less than it is now? If so, the $100 price difference better be because they need to clear existing inventories of Mini 2. This can't be something...
Anyone notice that your Apple TV now "rings" through the TV speakers when your iPhone rings in this latest iOS update?
They will probably use the 3D proximity sensors developed by PrimeSense (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PrimeSense) in the next generation model (after the one they will announce later this month) and the iPhone 6S. In fact, this follows a pattern of Apple incorpating acquired technologies in the "S" models of iPhones. The 4S introduced Siri and the 5S introduced Authentech's fingerprint sensor (Touch ID). Each of these companies were acquired for around $400 million.
Last year's iPad product refresh made the mistake of recycling the previous year's form factors and screen technology. As for the iPad Air, it is basically a stretched iPad Mini with Retina Display. This year, for the iPhone 6 models, at least, the iPhone 6 Plus isn't simply a stretched out iPhone, as its screen resolution also got a boost. If the design of the iPhone 6 Plus is a lesson learned from the mistake of the iPad Air, then we can assume that all three iPad sizes...
Concerning RAM, I certainly hope the new iPads bump it up. There are times on Google Earth when I run out of memory. Also, going between apps many times requires re-drawing due to memory issues. Yeah, that 1GB needs to get bumped up.
No. iShoe was so yesterday! It will be iClone! Ever wanted to be at two different places at the same time? Well, now you can! And no one will tell the difference between the original you and your clone! It's sure to be a Apple's greatest hit ever!
If you look at the first photo, you will see two cut out holes in the center top front. The article guesses that one of these is the proximity sensor and doesn't even venture a guess for the purpose of the other. I have a sneaky suspicion that these are actually 3D proximity sensors using technology from Prime Sense. I could be wrong. Odds are I am wrong, but I really hope I am right. The photo leaves open this as a definite possibility, rather than providing evidence of...
Also, the Flickr app got a major rework that includes access to all personal account-related features!