or Connect

Posts by PeterAlt

Also, the Flickr app got a major rework that includes access to all personal account-related features!
Educate me.
I never said my example was a practical one. As I said, that is an example of what a programmer could use this for in an app. Again, it's up to the imagination of the developer. A more practical example... You tell an app what temperature you are most comfortable with. If it detects that you are out of your comfort zone, it sends a signal to a future smart AC signal with your comfort zone temperature, and it automatically adjusts the temperature to your preference, or...
Yes, the fact that these sensors could be available for programming is what's new. For example, an app may use the thermometer and have SIRI remind you to put a jacket on if it's a certain temperature. The air pressure sensor could be used to help calculate your exact elevation. For example, a GPS app would be able to tell you if you're on the correct floor and to go up or down if you're not. Combine that with iBeacon and an app could even direct you to an elevator and...
Combine that with the Prime Sense sensors and you have great hardware that's only limited to the imagination of developers! As a programmer myself, I've imagined a day when apps could condition to a user's environment.
With all the leaks lately, is it possible the new phones will be announced and released this summer?
That could be the 5.5" model.... More screen could go over the speaker or the button.
If this is real, look at all the sensors on the top and bottom of the screen! The thing is loaded with unidentified sensors! At least one is a camera, at least two are microphones, one is the proximity sensor, and other is the ambiant light sensor. That leaves the rest as unidentified new sensor features! Odds are they related to the Prime Sense acquisition. Also, I read a rumor that it may have humidity, temperature, and barometer sensors. If they are new Prime Sense...
The A8 will have only 1GB? I hope that's wrong because that would be the same as the past few generations, but with the faster memory type. It would be especially disappointing if the new iPads also have 1GB. On Google Earth, I'm constantly reaching the limit...
Would this include Bluetooth and Wi-Fi?