or Connect

Posts by AnalogJack

It would be a breakthrough move if Apple were to build a small thorium reactor, which would require a considerable investment, but they have the funds and it would then show the world the way to use green nuclear technology. No one else has the political will to get this  going.    
I stopped using 'hey siri' on my ipod when one day it started talking to me because it heard something that was playing on my computer, and even though it was nothing like 'hey siri' it nevertheless triggered siri, so that means that whatever I was saying at the time would have been transmitted to apple's processing servers. This does not make me comfortable.
  On the face of it I agree, but then again thinking about it a bit more, it could very well be a marketing tactic, and a very special one at that because no one else can do it because they don't really have anything to boast about. It is probably a deliberate strategy, as people like to be on the winning team, or more simply if everybody is buying the iphone in spite of 'bendgate' and antennagate and all the other gategates, then perhaps all these 'gates' are just bollox. 
Every felon was once a non felon. Also a felon needs to be caught to be branded a felon. Successful felons are not caught.
The curved sides of the Edge, will nevertheless result in the front glass being more rigid and consequently having less flex and therefore being more prone to cracking when stressed. In the case of a corrugated iron roof or corrugated cardboard, you want the thin board to be more rigid so a transverse curve is introduced, but with a phone screen you want it to flex, like the stem of a plant. 
  So true. Funnily enough if you want to see more of this type of humour head off to the comments on the Guardian's article on the restarting of the LHC, and try some of the troll posts on that. It's amusing but also somewhat depressing that people are so enthusiastic to display their stupidity. 
 I make a long post with various points and you answer   Please explain to me how answering a long post with the above,  without giving any reasoning how you came to that conclusion, can  qualify as 'intelligent discussion'. Where is the 'discussion', never mind about 'intelligent'.
  We are supposed to be having a discussion on a forum are we not. Isn't that the implied contract? So if I say something, you may if you like say, 'well that is a complete and utter load of bollox'. But then that is not the reason that anyone joins a forum is it. One expects 'that's a load of bollox', to be followed by... 'for these reasons...', Now if you draw someone into a discussion and then just say 'that's crap', and nothing more, then the abuse is not that you said...
 An opportunity to not just be another 'celebrity coming out', but to be someone who can get all the complex and nuanced issues not only on the table but elucidated so that they are in a form to be placed on the table. While most of the issues as are straightforward as the civil rights movement there are other aspects, that involve children yet to be born and these children also have rights. I'm not talking about the rights of foetuses I'm talking about the rights of...
 In fact watches with incredibly complex 3 axis tourbillon movements have been argued to reduce accuracy, but it's there for the beauty of its complexity.