or Connect

Posts by AnalogJack

To all those who got very exercised by my comment on 'does it deserve to exist', maybe my comment was overly elaborate but the bottom line it is that 'derserve to exist' is too smarmy and arrogant by half.
  In other words, if something makes sense to do, then it should be done. This type of revolutionary and innovative thinking seems so obvious once someone has voiced it. Now everyone will be wondering why they didn't think of it first.
"Does it deserve to exist"? bejeezus, that's the most pretentious comment about any product I have ever heard (implying Apple's do and others might not) or could imagine hearing. One might wonder whether human beings 'deserve' to exist given our track record at extinguishing species. Not saying we do or we don't but at least it's a more relevant use of whether something 'deserves' to exist. It even has faint fascist overtones.
  No better than that... iPhone has an REM detector scanning your eyes while you sleep when it detects movement it hooks into the real time smartphone brain scanner which goes into your dreams and tracks you purchasing your new rMBP... order is placed overnight and charged to your account. When you wake up, it is delivered to your door right about the time that a subliminal message on your iPhone locks into the dream and causes you to think about getting an rMBP.
  Two things separated him. One was that he was a lone genius, these days when a new particle is discovered there'll be 450 names on the paper. But it was his peculiar tenacity that distinguishes him the most I think. Every other physicist when confronted with the curious fact that inertial mass was precisely the same as gravitational mass, just went... 'isn't that strange', and moved on to something else. But for Einstein, little things like that really bugged him. He...
  Yes, he misunderstood, but not in that way. Time and space are 'relative' in relation to their formerly assumed absoluteness not to each other but individually to time and space respectively. On the other hand, 'spacetime' IS absolute.   Note: One of the many meanings of the word 'make' is: to name or appoint, which is the sense it was used. Einstein, 'made' the relativeness of time and space a condition of the framework within which we understand (or attempt to...
  Like Einstein was 'lucky' no one else thought of making time and space relative. We'd be like, Einstein who?
If Apple can generate such excitement with Helvetica, I'd say they have a few years of 'magic' left.
For the next WWDC I'd like to see comic sans.