or Connect

Posts by AnalogJack

I don't see what was so wrong about the game app. It was nice to get felt on the table.
It will all end in tears.
However us Apple afficionados do want/like to see Apple do well and a part of their success must rest on the tightly controlled secrecy which results in much surprise and delight when it comes off. Therefore if there is a paucity of Apple rumours and a consequent increase in news that is more oblique, well it is somewhat churlish to complain.
Urinalysis app? Surely someone is taking the piss.
  Yeah I was thinking the same thing, it's actually the law of economics. However having said that there could be a tenuous case for making it a physical law in the sense that ultimately and fundamentally, the economic laws are a construct of human consciousness which is manifested as electric and chemical neurotransmitters which themselves obey quantum laws, ergo physical laws.
It's what Steve would have wanted.
I was amazed recently when checking my ipod touch apple maps to see if it had perchance kept in memory the local area, that not only did it have the maps but it was also tracking my progress as I was walking in the street as if it was a gps. I was not connected to any wi fi and the tracking was perfectly accurate. How it does this I do not know. Google maps were blank. Not only that but when I have compared the two products side by side the Apple maps are more elegant,...
All apple products hold their value over equivalent products from others. Always have always will. Go figger.
What makes you think I'd think that?   Some manufacturing flaws are subtle, and do not show up for years, like for example the leaking capacitors on an emac that I had, it was a recognised problem and was fixed outside warranty. Do I think Apple deliberately put in faulty capacitors? Er ...no.   However years after the fact it is now evident that an entire batch of 17" G5 imacs had some sort of component fault that was specific to that particular model. Consumer...
Forget this what about the disgraceful G5 17" imac screen scam by Apple. I had two G5's and one day a pink vertical line sometimes changing to blue occasionally appeared then disappeared. Often popping up in different spots. Long story short this started on both G5's and gradually increased to a plethora of permanent lines over a two year period until it was virtually unusable.   This is well outside the warranty. But in looking for clues to this behaviour I discover...