or Connect

Posts by AnalogJack

It appears Tim Cook was not referring to the angle of the chamfer or even the fingerprint scanner on the iPhone with his 'doubling down on secrecy' statement, but rather we now see that he meant the very well kept secrets that the so called analysts are only now discovering.   Touché Tim, he who laughs last certainly laughs the loudest.
I like the 5c and I'd get one if I wanted or used a phone, indeed I have to seriously think about swapping my iPod for one. Having said that, if the slogan for the 5s is "Forward thinking", then 'c' must be for 'children', albeit forward thinking children. Who one day will need to do grown up things that require fingerprint scanning devices, but for now  are preoccupied with colours and spots.   This is not a bad metaphor for what seems to be going askew with the world...
 Agreed, great reading and excellent journalism. I think you mean 'overnight' in a metaphorical not literal sense. Even with Apple's huge resources and experience it would take more than a single night to rewrite 32 bit code to 64 bit.
Golden.
 Not sure, I'm told my my Greek friend that it's an old Jewish saying.
 I have a feeling that Apple will never release a larger iPhone because the current size is perfect for a phone. The whole phablet business merely  wastes resources on unnecessary line up complications. Which is you recall is the first thing that SJ did when upon resuming the reins of Apple, namely he cut out all the unnecessary crap in between and bits and pieces products. Which is why Samsung cannot compete and Apple will accelerate into the distance. 
I would imagine the conversation went something like this.D: You must allow us to install crapware or we will not help you by buying your phone.A: F*#@ off. OK, how about this, you agree to a quota of 40% of iPhone sales and we give you nothing in return.D: OK.
Like the saying: I can't afford cheap shoes, similarly... I can't afford a free phone.
I feel I've been cheated here, because Ming-Chi Kuo has been mentioned without the ubiquitous 'well connected analyst' epithet being used. What if I had not read the other article, what if I was new to the world of Apple rumours, I would not be aware of Ming-Chi Kuo's 'well connected' status. Lets hope this is a one off error.
Let's acknowledge that without Apple there would be no Samsung smartphone, or Phablet. Apple singlehandedly created an entire new genre of objects. All the infrastructure was already there but no one knew how to make it work. Without iOS, Android would not have been invented.