or Connect

Posts by AnalogJack

How Screwed Is The Watch Industry Thanks To The Apple Watch?   And, here is the most intelligent review yet of the Apple Watch from a watch aficionado's insider perspective.
  Why would you think that? Especially after I wrote... 
 The cover where you start off talking normally, then when you don't get the clichés that you obviously are on a hair trigger to respond to, you go, 'to hell with it', and then start with the abuse. I don't particular object to abuse per se as long as there's some reasoning padding it out. Furthermore, what is really ironic and comical is that this article is about an extremist response to Tim Cook calling him a bigot, and that is exactly what you have done to me. Your...
  Now that I digest your cogent and intricately reasoned post, I must confess you have convinced me of the error of my logic with you careful and considered analysis, and brilliant refutation of my arguments and points. p.s, it didn't take very long for you to break cover did it.
  Look I have no doubt that given enough time you could find millions of people who say the most thoughtless, or just plain dumb things, however I fail to see the relevance of that. I mean everyone on earth can make that claim. I believe you that you don't see any relevance in a gay couple adopting a child being enshrined in law as an unalienable right without any informed debate at all. The very fact that you are unable to even comprehend the difference between a black...
Also I forgot to point out the irony that, when I last tried to reasonably put my views on gay marriage on the forum, views that were quite reasonable that suggested that perhaps adoption of children may require more thinking through, I was unhesitatingly labeled as a 'bigot'. So once again, if debates get down to name calling, then this is the result.
 But they are not. Those who advocate gay marriage specifically want their union to be called 'marriage', because they see that as a big deal, a civil ceremony with the same rights and benefits are not good enough. And the reason for this is that some of those rights and benefits spill over into an area that has not been thought through and debated properly. Like adoption of children. That does not appear to me a benefit or right that should automatically apply to a gay...
A fair few homosexuals got very exercised on these boards some time ago when I made a comment about Tim Cook coming out and his stance on gay marriage. I wanted to separate the institution of marriage, which after all is a religious institution that goes back to a time when culture and religion were one and the same. This is surprising to people in this day and age who do not realise that prior to the past 500 years, it was obvious to everyone who ever lived that the Earth...
I wonder what the analysts are going put on their latest anal lists?
If someone offered me a $76 million salary package, I'd sort of 'click' with them too. At the very least it would show that they understood me.