or Connect

Posts by AnalogJack

One flash module good, duo tone better, so we are going to have... wait for it... 3 flash sources. This reminds me of The Onion gillette mkIII parody
For me the Samsung ad is a macabre and sort of titteringly risible parody of itself doing Apple. It reminded me of the difference between the production of the original Virgin Atlantic 25 years ad, and the parody of the original ad in the Best Western Hotels version.    And what about the tooling shot (below) it looks like a part from a $2 Indian bicycle pump.          
I hope the rumoured ipod touch update, is going to include apple watch support, I'd definitely be tempted.
Carbo Gold Aluminum Oxide​ sandpaper, would also scratch sapphire, but so what?
I'd like to see a publicity stunt from Apple where they produce a watch and link bracelet made of Platinum 190, which is about a billion dollars an ounce. 
 I used to play at the Sydney go club before the interwebs was invented. These days I can play online at pandanet, using the gopanda2 client, for mac, and ios. I'd highly recommend it. Their robots aren't too shabby, at about 10kyu
I notice that the phones were not used as weapons. Would it have made a difference if in was the glass and metal S6.
Time to admit that chess has been taken over by computers and move on to the crème de la crème of board games; Go, pronounced 'goh'.   Three rules, pieces are all the same, and nothing moves. Makes chess look like tiddlywinks. And excellent free clients for mac and ios too.   http://pandanet-igs.com
Why don't if for example a chip foundry has plans for going from say 30 to 22 to 14 nm, why don't they start designing 14, when the 30 is released? Why is it that they need to go down in steps. I presume there is an actual reason and not just the obvious cynical reason.
 And in Australia too. We also had the 'toecutter' gang. They used bolt cutters to cut off their victims' little piggies.