or Connect

Posts by AnalogJack

Also I forgot to point out the irony that, when I last tried to reasonably put my views on gay marriage on the forum, views that were quite reasonable that suggested that perhaps adoption of children may require more thinking through, I was unhesitatingly labeled as a 'bigot'. So once again, if debates get down to name calling, then this is the result.
 But they are not. Those who advocate gay marriage specifically want their union to be called 'marriage', because they see that as a big deal, a civil ceremony with the same rights and benefits are not good enough. And the reason for this is that some of those rights and benefits spill over into an area that has not been thought through and debated properly. Like adoption of children. That does not appear to me a benefit or right that should automatically apply to a gay...
A fair few homosexuals got very exercised on these boards some time ago when I made a comment about Tim Cook coming out and his stance on gay marriage. I wanted to separate the institution of marriage, which after all is a religious institution that goes back to a time when culture and religion were one and the same. This is surprising to people in this day and age who do not realise that prior to the past 500 years, it was obvious to everyone who ever lived that the Earth...
I wonder what the analysts are going put on their latest anal lists?
If someone offered me a $76 million salary package, I'd sort of 'click' with them too. At the very least it would show that they understood me.
I can't wait for the S6 and S6 edge to be released, this is Samsung's last throw of the dice and if it fails to halt the decline, then it will send them into a high quality phone tailspin. While they have successfully copied a cursory appearance of the iPhone, potential customers will be aware of glass instead of metal and they other design ugliness like their logo staring at you all the time, to realise that this is just another expensive with crappy android software. I...
A faster iPod touch would be welcome after 3 years, an A7 chip at least.
 OK fair enough. I do understand the try it, flip it, then realise you had it right the first time scenario. I also agree that the design is annoying but no more annoying than firewire 400 and 800. But seeing as usb 2 was so ubiquitous, and if it really is so annoying, then it's just a super simple matter of getting some nail polish and putting a tiny red drop on the side of the connector that is 'up', or if the slot is at the back and vertical then the dot becomes 'right'...
  That's like saying it's rare to toss heads when you flip a coin.
I can't wait for this story to hit TheGuardian, the generic UK  Apple haters there will go apoplectic.