or Connect

Posts by AJMonline

The R is ARM is for RISC, so it is alive and well today.  On top of that, even Intel's Core series chips uses RISC cores that are under a CISC decoder. We are both in agreement that we think an ARM mac is coming, our only disagreement is that you believe that Windows compatability should come via a dongle, and I think it should come via a hardware decoder like the Intel Core series CPUs.  The two main reasons why I don't like the dongle concept are 1) that like the old...
While I normally run bootcamp for my Windows needs, I readily admit that I am not a normal mac user.  And I do agree that the real need for people to have compatibility is very limited, people still want the security blanket of "Windows Compatibility".  In most cases where people do need Windows compatability a same platform VM will more than fit the bill.  However I remember just how slow the VMs were before Macs switched to Intel.  Even today, running an ARM VM on a...
Apple had that back in the pre Power-PC days, and it really went nowhere.  The card was almost as expensive as a bare-bones PC of the day, primarily because it had to duplicate most of the PC on that card. While that is a lot cheaper today, it is still a significant extra expense for a few select users.   If they can get the ARM chip to process the x86 and/or x86_64 instruction set, that will be a much better option.  While it will be an extra expense, it will be spread...
Free open market self regulation is always preferable to Government regulation.  However having said that, because of the lack of competition there is no free and open market in the ISP space.  Wether you want to blame the high cost to build infrastructure, or the long history of legal monopolies at the local levels killing competition, this lack of competition is a fact of life.  The ideal but unrealistic option is to generate competition in the space, and Google appears...
I might love my Apple products, but I am on the side that Apple screwed up on this one.  Yes,  they do not guarantee the delivery of messages, but there is an expectation that most of the message will go through.  If we were talking 3-6 months for Apple to come up with the fix, I would agree with everyone saying that this is an ambulance chaser or get over yourself.  I could even agree with that if we were talking a year, but we are talking 3 years.  That was Apple saying...
While I am a supporter of Law Enforcement, just using encryption that does not have a back core is not a crime, nor is advertising that you have a secure product.  If the FBI legitimately (i.e. with a warrant) wants to get in your phone, you either unlock it or go to jail.  The person is the one who refuses to comply with the warrant's instruction, not Apple or Google.   The U.S. government has been shown to be taking shortcuts with our rights in the name of security,...
Another story was reporting that the actual number of cases reported to Apple was ...9. Even calling it a manufacturing defect only having 9 issues out of over 10 million phones is a home run in my book.
iPhone app finally let me order mine.  Still says 19th.
If you bought version 6 recently (mine was 2 weeks ago) you will get a free upgrade under the Technology Guarantee Program. I received my key this afternoon. They just update their KB2033582 to reflect the 6->7 free upgrade. It is for purchases between August 1 and September 30
As a developer, I care more about API numbers than the marketing versions numbers.  Apple only revises their API levels on the major marketing releases (6.0, 7.0, etc), with a few exceptions like 3.2 adding iPad support .  Android can change their API level on a .0.1 update, although recently I will give Google that they are trying to limit API level changes to the .1 updates.   For your example 91% of IOS users are on the current API level, however 85.7% of Android users...