or Connect

Posts by AJMonline

While I am a supporter of Law Enforcement, just using encryption that does not have a back core is not a crime, nor is advertising that you have a secure product.  If the FBI legitimately (i.e. with a warrant) wants to get in your phone, you either unlock it or go to jail.  The person is the one who refuses to comply with the warrant's instruction, not Apple or Google.   The U.S. government has been shown to be taking shortcuts with our rights in the name of security,...
Another story was reporting that the actual number of cases reported to Apple was ...9. Even calling it a manufacturing defect only having 9 issues out of over 10 million phones is a home run in my book.
iPhone app finally let me order mine.  Still says 19th.
If you bought version 6 recently (mine was 2 weeks ago) you will get a free upgrade under the Technology Guarantee Program. I received my key this afternoon. They just update their KB2033582 to reflect the 6->7 free upgrade. It is for purchases between August 1 and September 30
As a developer, I care more about API numbers than the marketing versions numbers.  Apple only revises their API levels on the major marketing releases (6.0, 7.0, etc), with a few exceptions like 3.2 adding iPad support .  Android can change their API level on a .0.1 update, although recently I will give Google that they are trying to limit API level changes to the .1 updates.   For your example 91% of IOS users are on the current API level, however 85.7% of Android users...
     I just read what he said and although the concept is correct, the way he said it is wrong.  A passphrase with at least 8 parts is more secure than a totally random password that you have to write down to remember (It is the writing down part that makes it insecure).   Just like P@ssw0rd is a bad choice because it is so common, IHatePasswords! is also bad for being so common (Not to mention short).  Having said that however, using a password vault like 1Password and a...
I love that Judge Cote's big issue is that there was a clause that says if it turns out you screwed up and we are not guilty after all, we don't have to pay this extortion money.  I wonder if it was one of her Judge friends/superiors that told her to back off instead of the DOJ.
 Did you get the same generic "FCC Consumer Center response from representative TSR58" you need to fill out this form response I received?  I guess I was emailing it wrong.  
I am far from a Verizon fan, but their plan is far better than the BS that ATT origionally imposed. ATT put the cap in place no matter what the network status was. You could be the only person on that tower, but you were still limited to dial up speeds. At one point ATT's 5% kicked in below 2GB. So a person on a $20 tiered 2GB plan could get 2GB of data, but the $30 unlimited plan could not. That backlash made them change their policy so that the cap could never fall below...
As I have said before, do I believe they have A-series MacBooks in the Labs, definitely. Do I believe they will release them. Unlikely. X86 compatibility is a major requirement for business purchases and a large number of switchers. WindowsRT would have to be widely accepted, Mac will have to approach 50%market share, or all legacy. Business app will have to be converted to web apps for this switch to make sense to Apple. I just do not see either of these happening...