or Connect

Posts by AJMonline

I just read what he said and although the concept is correct, the way he said it is wrong.  A passphrase with at least 8 parts is more secure than a totally random password that you have to write down to remember (It is the writing down part that makes it insecure).   Just like P@ssw0rd is a bad choice because it is so common, IHatePasswords! is also bad for being so common (Not to mention short).  Having said that however, using a password vault like 1Password and a...
I love that Judge Cote's big issue is that there was a clause that says if it turns out you screwed up and we are not guilty after all, we don't have to pay this extortion money.  I wonder if it was one of her Judge friends/superiors that told her to back off instead of the DOJ.
 Did you get the same generic "FCC Consumer Center response from representative TSR58" you need to fill out this form response I received?  I guess I was emailing it wrong.  
I am far from a Verizon fan, but their plan is far better than the BS that ATT origionally imposed. ATT put the cap in place no matter what the network status was. You could be the only person on that tower, but you were still limited to dial up speeds. At one point ATT's 5% kicked in below 2GB. So a person on a $20 tiered 2GB plan could get 2GB of data, but the $30 unlimited plan could not. That backlash made them change their policy so that the cap could never fall below...
As I have said before, do I believe they have A-series MacBooks in the Labs, definitely. Do I believe they will release them. Unlikely. X86 compatibility is a major requirement for business purchases and a large number of switchers. WindowsRT would have to be widely accepted, Mac will have to approach 50%market share, or all legacy. Business app will have to be converted to web apps for this switch to make sense to Apple. I just do not see either of these happening...
      Rogifan,What your rep probably said is that once you pay it off, it is yours to keep.  What he left out is that the Next12 is not 12 payments, but 20 payments (There is a Next 18 that is 24 payments).  After 12 payments, you can trade your phone in and get a new one, with the rest of the payments forgiven, or you can continue to your 20th payment and own the phone outright.  I upgrade every other year, and my Wife does every third year, so these plans work for me,...
I don't believe you get that scary warning right away. By default keyboards have no access to resources including network. On the screen where you allow network access is where the big scary warning is. So default settings are secure, but if you want to turn the safeguards off, Apple gives you a scary warning. In my opinion the best of both worlds.
As an IOS developer, I do have to admit my reaction to most of the user changes was "about time". I do like the Developer changes and look forward to testing xCode 6. Because of the sheer number of Android devices, I have been looking into Android Development and found it to be a major headache. The lack of Core Data was known and expected, but the lack of drawing APIs was surprising (especially since vector drawing is the best way to handle multiple screen sizes and...
If it is not ready, I hope it is not something they add in Beta 2 or 3.  Last year was rough with the APIs for the IOS 7 Betas changing up through the first couple of Betas (Which by definition makes them really Alphas).    With as big of a change as IOS7 was, not having a stable API until August made life interesting for a September release. 
 But knowing how the media works, Apple will get slammed for not making it 55% efficient