or Connect

Posts by AJMonline

I agree with all three points are true today.  As I said Apple is still far from DOOMED, but at what point does the difference in marketshare become so large that the larger profit per market share no longer matters. For the longest time the G3/G4 processors were 2-3 x as fast as the Intel Processors at the same speed.  That did not matter anymore when the G4 was at 600mhz and the Pentium was at 3000mhz.   Failure to upgrade remains one of the biggest shortcomings of...
Unfortunately Android is winning the Market Share race.  The biggest difference between now and the PC wars is that the Apple EcoSystem still makes more money for developers than the Android EcoSystem.  They also need to start expanding their target market like then did with the iPod Mini / Shuffle / Nano.  If they don't start winning back marketshare they could be in trouble in a couple of years.  Making 5 times the amount of dollars per market share does not help you...
I had read on another site that the issue was with using multiple connectors for Data. When Apple put the rule in (which BTW is still in effect for connectors that pass data) if was to avoid the Data / signaling issue with multiple connectors. This issue does not apply if you are only using it for charging. That is why they added an exception to the rule for Charge only devices. Tallest Skil, this updated rule would still not allow for a speaker dock with both...
I work with a guy who is anti-Apple and prays to the Microsoft gods.  He pre ordered 2 and was bragging how wonderful they are, and how innovative Microsoft is with their smart keyboard.   Last week I asked him if he still liked the Surface.  He had already returned them.   If people like him are returning it, Microsoft has bigger problems than "Modest Sales"
I loved how by 12 seconds in, she had lost all interest, and actually leaves the area by 23 seconds.  Even she though it was wierd!
  Having read the attachment, Apple did not say Samsung should charge $0.33.  It said based on the percentage of FRAND Patents I control times the average cost of a baseband chip (The part that actually uses the patents) I would charge $0.33 if you agree to use the same FRAND calculations.  Lets say that Samsung has 10x the number of UTMS Patents that Apple does (it unlikely to be that high, considering Apple controls the former Nortel Patents), this would make the amount...
While a switch to another brand (AMD) would not hurt Apple, I would see the move away from an x86 / 64_x86 processor being a major step backwards.  One of the major causes of the resurgence of the Mac in Business is Bootcamp/Parallels/VMWare.  The abiility to "Fall back" to Windows is a major selling point to businesses and a lot of consumers.  Even if they never do it, just knowing that they can allows them to take the leap.  While Steve would typically ignore business,...
Even if this is not enough to fully charge an iPhone today, it could be used to augment the battery today.  Maybe get another hour or to between wall charges.
I'll have to re-find the original source, but the FAA does not automatically ban electronic devices below 10,000 feet.  It bans uncertified devices below 10,000 feet.  It is up to the airlines to say that they want to allow a certain device to be certified.  Because of the expense and complexity (Especially with the naming conventions of most companies) of certifying each device, it is easier for them to just say none are allowed (Which a different FAA rule allows them...
  I agree that it would not be easy to do.  Even if it did not make it into the final design, I do see this as something that Apple would of at least looked into.  Who know though, with other materials (ie not plastic, maybe liquid metal), they may have been able to get it working.  The fact that the tongue is recessed may also give it enough protection that it would work.   I do agree that it is not an easy engineering solution, however that has not stopped Apple...