or Connect

Posts by AJMonline

I belive what you are talking about is actually newsstand.  iBooks has never asked me about sharing information, but I believe you are correct about newsstand asking you if you want to share.   Again though there is a difference between Apple actively asking you if you want to share on newpaper / magazine subscriptions, and Google's just sharing your information on everything.
The T-mobile plan would not save someone like me as I typically upgrade every two years, however for someone like my wife it would make a big difference in year 3 as she typically gets every third model. I am considering testing t-Mobile when my kids cell contract is up. I'll get a real world test of their coverage in my area and there is no penalty if it does not work out.
  The biggest question in all of the FRAND / SEP cases with Apple has been 5% of what.  The chip that actually uses the patent ($5.00) or the whole phone ($600).  Apple's arguments have been falling into 1 of 2 positions depending on the case.   1) The patent is already licensed by the chip manufacturer and included with the price of the chip (ie this was in response to invalidate a license on any chips sold to Apple only.  Definitely misses the F in FRAND).   2) The...
            I really should study my "History" more!    
Quote:   I have a much simpler theory as to why the case was dropped.  The meeting is over.  Einhorn did not want Prop 2 to pass, he latched on to the "Bundling" issue (Which may or may not be valid).  Since it was not considered at the meeting and can not be brought up again until the next shareholder's meeting why pay the lawyers when you already got your way.
    The lack of expandability in the current rMBP is a deal killer for me.  Also while the super fast SSD is nice, I need storage not blazing speed.  In other words, I am not clueless, but the rMBP does not meet my needs.   If Apple wants to keep the non-upgradable slim models, they should sell them as MacBook not MacBook Pro.  Like I said in my feedback to Apple, I will gladly give back the .2 inches for the upgradability back.     What I would love to see is a MBP (w/...
While Blackberry is still our primary mobile platform, we have iPhone and Android phones that we are testing as replacements.  We have no plans to buy additional Blackberries and we should be ready to make the switch by the end of the year.  This is not a decision that was made last week, this is something that has been in the works for close to two years.  Honestly it was the Playbook that had the IT manager green-light the evaluation of the other platforms, and the...
  As a developer, that last line is total BS.  Changing screen shots is as easy as clicking the remove "X" on the old shot, clicking the upload button and sliding the new shot into the position you want. All Apple is changing is the ability to change the screen shot after it is approved.  Checking that your screen shots are still accurate should be part of every developer's upload checklist.  Also the screenshots only lock once an app is approved, so you have 7-12 days...
OrigionalG, you are correct this is exactly what I am talking about.  Current IOS users are probably not going to jump ship (However I do know some that did), but with someone coming in completely new, the current version of Android is very good.  For the price difference it is probably good enough for the masses.    I also agree that I do not see how Google is going to fix the upgrade process, but they seem to be tightening up on the Android hardware requirements to try...
  I agree with all three points are true today.  As I said Apple is still far from DOOMED, but at what point does the difference in marketshare become so large that the larger profit per market share no longer matters. For the longest time the G3/G4 processors were 2-3 x as fast as the Intel Processors at the same speed.  That did not matter anymore when the G4 was at 600mhz and the Pentium was at 3000mhz.   Failure to upgrade remains one of the biggest shortcomings of...