or Connect

Posts by gregpriestley

Are these actually going to be any quicker? They've dropped the quad core i7 as the maximum processor back to a dual core i7? (Obviously dependent upon what you're doing with them, but seems a step back).
Is it just me, or is everyone having problems re-downloading their music to the iPhone 5?   I suspect everyone having to re-download music to new devices from the iTunes cloud is leading to massive congestion.  For me it just keeps stalling, erroring with unable to connect, and then eventually restarts and continues very slowly.   Maybe having millions of people setting up new phones at the same time isn't a good idea ....
Yep, that's how the tickets work. Better knowing that they have stock for what you're after, then waiting in a line, getting to the front of the queue and finding out that they don't have stock for what you've been waiting for. Yes, ID because it was under contract - I paid $0 upfront, so quite reasonable for them to know who they are going to get the money from later on. If I went to the Apple store, I could have paid full price (A$999) without ID, but then I'd still...
Certainly more than hundreds!   I went to one of the smaller Telstra stores in the Sydney CBD, arrived just on 7am for 8am opening.  I was 14th in line, and when they came and handed out the tickets for the stock allocation, I ended up with the last 2 of the 64Gb black iPhones.  There were probably 30 people who got stock at this store.  The last tickets that they had were for the white 16Gb model, so not sure if they just ended up receiving a lot of these, or...