or Connect

Posts by Adrayven

I agree Apple was likely not in the wrong here. however, it seems the courts don't understand the technology or limitations of it. I'm not so sure they will win this.  On the flip side, if they loose, I wonder if this would open up those like Amazon against suites for DRM'd movies and tv shows?
I'm so done with MCX articles.. get over it already.. it's DBA....
I wouldn't completely bash on Apple for this.. It is a store, and like any physical store, a store owner tends to pick and choose what they do and don't want that store to look and feel like and what to sell.. As for PCalc, I also don't think this will be long. This is likely Apple playing it safe, like they usually do. Customer feedback in support of an App like this would help to sway this. In a case like this, it's best to not blow it out of proportion (I know, this...
No HealthKit support though.. so kind of Meh..
Next WWDC, Apple will open up NFC.. almost certainly.. barring any security/bugs anyway.. They usually lock new tech like this on initial release then open up later. Helps to bake this into the product first and sniff out possible bugs/security holes.. I'm perfectly fine with that...
Really not needed. Terminal solutions like the one Square is working on for the iPad will have NFC built in anyway and take Pay. You need a processor like Square anyway. Apple is not going to become a CC processing company. Now, on the other hand, they might let IBM take on that roll and benefit from it. However, like Square, Apple will just benefit from the relationship with IBM in the form of additional iPad sales. You don't even need an Pay secure element to take Pay...
Quote: Originally Posted by Appleinsider "It is unclear if Sprint and T-Mobile do the same." It is NOT unclear.. I have an iPad Air 2 from Apple.. I have switched between T-mobile and Sprint and back again.. They do NOT lock it if you buy it outright from Apple. I can understand AT&T locking it if we had some 'commitment' to hardware.. but we don't. Waiting for first Class Action against AT&T now.. 3... 2... 1...
Looks like AI was desperate for news! Hunting forums new complaints? wow.. just wow.. and only 60 replies! (Views means nothing.. just means someone read it, not that it impacted them... duuuurrrrrrrrrr!!) EDIT: Oh, I've gotten so tired of click bait for ad revenue, I blocked all ads with AD Blocker! YEAH! Vote with your clicks on crap reporting!
 Oh. so its even less secure than I thought? I could just take your phone and use it once unlocked, if it's not already? because you didn't enable Google Wallet security.. lol   nice!
 Except it's less secure and inconvenient.. You have to 'load' your Google account with funds.. which is the first killer.. Can't just charge to an existing card... Second, you don't have a way to do it security from lock screen.. With your Android Phone, you need to:Unlock phone Open Google Wallet Unlock Google Wallet Load Google Wallet if not enough funds 'loaded into Google Wallet Account. If you have money in Google Wallet you can use it and you cannot charge directly...