or Connect

Posts by BeowulfSchmidt

If my iPhone 6 lasts as long as my 4 (not 4s) did, I expect to hold on to it for quite a while, short of some "must have" feature.  The two main reasons I upgraded from my 4 were AT&T's Next program, and the fact that my battery wasn't holding a charge.  Yes, I could have replaced the battery (and did, before I sold it), but the 6 had some other features I found interesting, if not in the "must have or die" category.
 Just to clarify, it wasn't the internet that was down, just some, mostly mobile, providers' access to it.  My work and home internet were fine, and it worked on my phone when I was in wifi.
So, the headlines will be "iPhone, iPad sales tank in the face of wearables!" Seems legit.
Too little, too late.   Already uninstalled...
That's only because the EFF doesn't know about the backdoor that Echelon has had since the first iPhone. /s
 I presume you're looking for bike trails and bike friendly roads?  I'd really be grateful for that as well.
 I doubt that.  There will still be thefts of opportunity, and those types of thefts may well be easier to detect, recover and prosecute.  They may even go down once in a while.  Meanwhile, the pro thieves will just chuck those they can't unlock and unload.  I would sort of assume that most of the pro thefts that happen in the U.S. go overseas anyway.
If anyone thinks this will actually curtail any government agency's activities, I have some oceanfront property in Arizona for sale.  Cheap.   All it will do is drive it even farther underground.
 I too think it's just a matter of time, but not because of consumer pressure, or some wish to destroy credit cards.  Those may be factors, but given the type of people I see shopping at Walmart, there's not going to be much in the way of "pressure" to convert.  Eventually, perhaps, when they can find a solution that works for them and can deploy it to 11,000 plus stores in a reasonable timeframe, things will change.
Well, that pretty much settles the question of me ever using Uber, as either a passenger or a driver.