or Connect

Posts by BeowulfSchmidt

And there's no reason even to limit it to hex.  Using 34 alpha numeric characters (eliminating I and O as too similar to one and zero), a 10 digit identifier would have over 2 quadrillion (2 x 1015) unique values.  That's roughly 300,000 for each person currently on the planet.  Add four more for the issuer and card typle, one or two for check digits, and you're back to the current 16 digits, even not counting the CVV code.
 Others have mentioned Calibre, as have you, but it is a great organizational tool, even if some of the conversions are less than perfect.  Even ifit did no conversions at all, it would be a great tool.  I use it in combination with the Stanza ePub reader (carefully preserved on multiple places on my hard drive, two external backup drives, two DVD backups and two separate online backups; damn you Amazon!) and I couldnt't ask for a better combination. BTW, does anyone know...
 As the "IMO" implies, that's really a personal preference issue.  I find that my iPhone 4 is perfectly usable for reading.  Even the slightly larger text size I use to accomodate my aging eyes doesn't detract from its usefulness.  Do I prefer the Mini for reading?  Yes, but really only because I turn the page less often.  As well, for me it's more of a "backpack" device, to be used when I'm going to be somewhere for an extended period of time.  My phone, on the other...
 No it isn't.  Since no findings have been released, what it's actually too early for is to say that anyone did anything they should not have.  That whole innocent until proven guilty thing.
 That's been true for me since the day I installed iOS7 on my iPhone 4.  Should never have done it. Of course, it is an iPhone 4 (not 4s), so I attributed it to that.  I should have taken more time to think about it, but if the same type of thing is happening with iOS 8 on newer hardware, maybe I was too quick to forgive. :)
 When it becomes not the current generation.  It is in fact the current generation, so while it might not suit you, an unannounced update isn't "overdue."
 For me, it was wanting to actually hold them in my hand before decided which one to get.  I've had my 4 for four years now, I can wait a little while in line to make sure I get the right one for me.
I think it probably won't be long before Square produces an iPhone/iPad compatible NFC reader.  Unless the chip in the iPhone can be configured to read as well as transmit.   As for why they'd turn down a multi-billion dollar offer (assuming they even did)?  Because they think their company is worth more than that over their lifetime?
 Well, for me, they are in fact the lowest average pricer in the area for the things I buy on a weekly/monthly basis.  I will absolutely not go out of my way to save $0.50 on a few items when everything else in my cart is at or below the other stores.  My time is worth more than the few dollars I'd save. Now, for special and high cost purchases, I'll shop around, mostly because Walmart doesn't generally carry the options, brands or models that I want.  For example,...
I suspect Walmart's current lack of participation has more to do with the cost and timeframe for implementation than it does with anything else.  It's not like they're going to go belly-up if they don't get on board.  Best Buy might have to worry about that, but not Walmart.  People shop at Walmart for the low prices, not because they have a nifty checkout system.