or Connect

Posts by BeowulfSchmidt

Wait, people actually still watch the Oscar award show?
 I'm pretty sure that what Suddenly Newton was trying to say was that even though Apple can't claim to be first to market with many of their products, when they finally did enter the market, it's been a resounding success, so it's not really all that big a deal if somebody else gets there "first".
Make it a darker color, even black. Make it wider and maybe thicker so that it can serve as a wrist band for a "smart watch". $70 is a mite high for it as is, but maybe with a few tweaks.
 If the current version of an app is perfectly functional, but later versions are crap, I for one would want to keep the usable version on my phone and forego updates for that app, rather than foregoing use of the app entirely.If, as someone says, updates can be turned on and off for individual apps, it will be useful. If it's an all or nothing thing, then it will be "nothing" for me, as there are a couple of apps I use that, while useful in earlier versions, were, in my...
 Actually, adding this requirement could increase Apple's liability for something going wrong, since it could be argued that they took responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of the information presented.Of course, there will always be lawyers who will sue no matter what Apple does, so it's arguably better to do the "right" thing and get screwed, than do the wrong thing and get screwed.
 OK, so let's put it this way:You won't mind if the post office opens all your mail, photocopies it and then files it away for later research, without a warrant, right?
 Hello Kettle? This is Pot. You're black.Odd how a "government liason" might be trained in the art of talking like a politician.
 If I get a text or call, I don't have to pull my phone out of my pocket to see who it is. If the brief glance at my watch reveals that it's important enough to stop or modify what I'm doing, e.g. running, driving or in a meeting, then I can pull my phone out.Yes, this is convenience, not necessity, and $150 is a bit much, but if it proves popular, the price will come down.
 According to the Mythbusters, yes. :) And the only good NFC, is disabled NFC.
 While I agree with regard to many Bluetooth headphones, I don't think that's a universally applicable statement. My Nokia 905 headset is really quite awesome when connected via BT. Much better than merely "proper". Too bad they don't make 'em anymore. I'd get another set, even at the price.