or Connect

Posts by zippy2shoes

Well I can add another person to the rational list.  Cool.  Having a zealot like community does not promote thoughtful discussion and it is a huge turnoff.  I don't like frequenting the strong android forums for the same reason.  I do like coming here from time to time to see comments from people who genuinely enjoy Apple products but get disheartened by the quality of discussion from some people when any kind of criticism is leveled at Apple.  I know there is the block...
  Sorry, when I said "Gold Rush", I meant the excitement of the developing smartphone features among all the manufacturers as opposed to the actual profits.  Yeah, Apple is by far the winner in the profits race - I don't see any other manufacturer getting those kind of numbers but then again, to be successful, you don't need to be in Apple's profit sphere.  I personally don't care about a companies profit margins or revenue (as long as they are financially viable for the...
I always enjoy your comments SolipsismX - out of all the Apple supporters on here, you are the only one that can see things objectively and who is willing to call it as you see it.  Just thought I would point it out since your probably don't get enough credit for your stance and your insights.  The angry mob crowd gets a bit tiresome and I can see why there is a "block" user feature on here (still find that option a little narrow minded but hey, it's just my opinion ;) On...
Why is it that we had to wade through 16 "Kill Samsung!  Burn them!" style comments before someone actually said something intelligent?  Anyways, you nailed it Falcon.  I'm an Android user these days but I feel no real loyalty to any one company.  I simply go to where the technology meets my needs when it is time to buy a phone.  Doesn't matter if it's Android, iOS or WP (sorry BB).   I had the original Samsung Galaxy Captivate and it was a great phone but after seeing the...
While the resolution on the XB1 sits at 792p, the FPS is 60.  How is that labeled as "inexcusable frame rates"?
 Why bother, the guy lives a double standard life and his posts pretty much admit it.  He chooses to ignore any wrongdoing by his chosen company and point the finger at anything that could make his company look bad.  You probably shouldn't engage those type of people in debate when they try that tactic. I think the proper response to Google lowering their prices should be "That's great - we as consumers win" because it will put pressure on other companies to drop their...
They read it from other "over zealous" AppleInsider users and since they don't bother fact checking, it becomes gospel.
I have no idea what his threshold is for 'blocking' people but from my personal experience, it is NOT rare to see see people on this site post comments such as "BLOCKED!" when they see something that they do not agree with - particularly if it criticizes Apple in any way, shape or form.  While some of the offending posts are troll bait, I've seen others where the person actually has put some put some thought into their comment.  In SpamSandwich's world, there is no...
Block me all you want, it just shows that you are unwilling to listen to people who have different views than yourself.   Who needs to be exposed to different types of thinking that perhaps could lead you to challenge your own beliefs and perhaps your perspective on something.  Is it really that terrible to hear what others have to say if it does not conform to your own views?  Do you go through your own life with blinders on?  Imagine living in a world where everyone...
I think the problem here is that Apple never thinks it has done anything wrong.   Well aside from the map thing.     Apple will deny, deny, deny until they are finally beaten into the ground despite the obvious staring them in the face.   Sometimes, it's good to just give in when you have been caught with your hand in the cookie jar and stop trying to use lawyers to get off on technicalities.   Of course that is not how our society and court systems work so they will...