or Connect

Posts by zippy2shoes

From what I've read, they were burning all the wood for 170 acres of forest.  The residents complained about the 24/7 smoke that was wafting into their yard and Apple changed gears and decided to mulch everything instead when it got reported on the news.  It really is a tough call.  Sure, the process of making parts of solar panels creates a byproduct called "silicon tetrachloride" that is toxic but do the means justify the end?   Tough call.  If they used electricity...
Cherry picking from my comments is fun and all so I'll summarize it.   I mainly lurk on this site to gather insight from products I don't own but am interested in. I read most of the articles on here whether they are about Apple, Samsung or some other tech company.  I don't comment on here often as I tend to comment on other sites like where I feel the level of discussion is more civil and open (not trying to instigate, it is just my opinion).  I also like viewing news...
 Not saying we shouldn't take an interest in it, I just find it a bit odd that some people have a fixation on one company and sees them as the living embodiment of the devil or what not.  In fact, it is a bit humourous to watch/read. As for the knee jerk reaction comments, those are everywhere on the web and they were funny about 10 years ago but as time goes by, you start to look for more meat - maybe it's an 'getting older - less time' thing.  We come back for different...
 I'm highly involved in the tech industry both in personal and professional life and I have plenty of opinions and thoughts about it.  I've also been around long enough to know that history repeats itself and the fight going on between Apple and Google has been done many times before by other players.  While having a passion about something is important, being impartial and having the ability to separate your emotions from the subject matter is also important otherwise...
 The same arguments and allegations can be made about a lot of other companies.  They are not the first, nor are they the last.  Samsung is just the current target of this website and that's okay.  AIs job is to generate views/revenue from advertising and they know how to do it well.
Most of the posters on this site come here to support their view that Apple is the best and to vent about Samsung or some other company that has somehow slighted them or made them feel insecure.   This is highly relevant because, in the eyes of Apple fans, Samsung evil and deserves to have their 'mortal' corporate enemy suffer losses.  I personally don't get it but fanboys from all walks of life are just like that.   AI posts more news about Samsung than Samsung fanboy...
That would be because the most fervent of Apple fanboys can be found here as well so the two love to poke at each other (this site is often mentioned on fandroid sites as the place to go to find the Apple zealots).  This site is proudly pro-apple and does not hide their bias in both what they choose to publish (and not publish) and in their style of writing.  The comments section is equally the same.     More me, I find it humourous to read both sides of it because it's...
 Well I can add another person to the rational list.  Cool.  Having a zealot like community does not promote thoughtful discussion and it is a huge turnoff.  I don't like frequenting the strong android forums for the same reason.  I do like coming here from time to time to see comments from people who genuinely enjoy Apple products but get disheartened by the quality of discussion from some people when any kind of criticism is leveled at Apple.  I know there is the block...
  Sorry, when I said "Gold Rush", I meant the excitement of the developing smartphone features among all the manufacturers as opposed to the actual profits.  Yeah, Apple is by far the winner in the profits race - I don't see any other manufacturer getting those kind of numbers but then again, to be successful, you don't need to be in Apple's profit sphere.  I personally don't care about a companies profit margins or revenue (as long as they are financially viable for the...
I always enjoy your comments SolipsismX - out of all the Apple supporters on here, you are the only one that can see things objectively and who is willing to call it as you see it.  Just thought I would point it out since your probably don't get enough credit for your stance and your insights.  The angry mob crowd gets a bit tiresome and I can see why there is a "block" user feature on here (still find that option a little narrow minded but hey, it's just my opinion ;) On...