or Connect

Posts by perpetual3

1. Steve Jobs was a unique personality. Not every one can get away with being unapologetic. He could. I 2. During SJ's years at Apple, specifically the rise of iOS, Apple was at the top of the game and far, far ahead. That lead is no longer the case. 3. I am not a fan of skeumorphic UI. I think Ive over seeing UI for software is a Good Thing. 4. From CNET: "In fact, Forstall recently sent an email to some of the folks on Apple's iOS software team saying that the...
Experienced once when writing a text.
Not sure who you are talking to, but I think that for some people who used public transit and bikes a lot (in my case, I gave up having a car completely while living in Santa Monica), its nice to have easy access to bus and bike directions.  I've never thought about using turn by turn for cycling though, and I'm not sure but I suspect that most cyclists are focused on their lives rather than on turn by turn, but that could just be me.   So my question still stands:...
I'm exited about maps. Used them the other day, found the turn by turn directions indispensable, and I don't like to rely on navigation systems at all. I found the article a bit long winded and wordy. I skipped lots of stuff. What I'd like to know: whats the best app for bike routes in Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and San Francisco?
I have to agree, although not with the "shit" part.   Dichotomously polarizing people into two extreme categories, while conceptually convenient, fails to accurately describe reality.  In fact, these kind of statements distort the truth, and historically and philosophically, contribute to the wide scope of problems which characterize the human condition.   If you really think about, Android phones do work perfectly well for the majority of people who only use their phone...
I wrote that late last night after a hard day.   Here's my story:  I can understand what Apple feels to a small extent because I am going through a similar experience on a smaller scale.   My business is the originator and innovator.   A wealthy foreigner comes into my market, and unethically and illegally copies much of my business, and begins to undercut the market by offering inferior and cheaper versions of the same service.   Unlike Apple, however, I...
Android is quick to call the fragmentation card because their own ecosystem is so fragmented that to call it a system is stretching the meaning of the word.   So they stretch the meaning of the word "fragmentation" to include iOS so they can feel that this huge problem of theirs equally applies (or will equally apply to iOS as well).   But Android ignores these fundamental facts: 1) easy OS updatability; 2) universal application support across...
Bottom feeders. I deal with them every day. "I'll sell you something bester for lesser." But here is the ugly truth: unless Apple continues to innovate and give us the Next, the bottom feeders will win, because most of the world are bottom feeders too, disconnected from the refined and evolved possibilities of humanity. People lament Steve. I too wish he were still alive. But we still have Jony. So we have more than hope. We have a Visionary. With billions and...
  A great example of the different "types" of fragmentation that apply to Android and iOS.
My apologies in so far as my comments attacked your character.   Personally, I find it extremely confusing to discuss the SGSIII as anything but Android, with the issue of "fragmentation" being an Android issue due to the wide variety of hardware configurations leading to application, OS, and update incompatibility.   While I accept that you *meant* to refer ONLY to the the SGSIII and not Android, the issue itself is intimately tied up within Android itself.   To try and...