or Connect

Posts by 1983

Definitely more impressive than the lacklustre iPad mini 3, but no 3x display upgrade - I was really hoping for that as the A8x can handle it. So 3x res solely for a future larger screened iPad Pro/Plus maybe?
Very disappointing...if it retains the A7 then it probably retains that sub-par display (colour gamut wise I mean) of last years iPad mini Retina...can't believe they didn't at least upgrade the SoC to the A8 from the latest iPhones... its just last years model with Touch ID and a gold finish added...why bother? It seems the iPad mini isn't selling in high enough quantities to warrant a decent upgrade anymore. A bit cynical of Apple to add that Touch ID and extra colour...
Nice! If they can make an entire iMac computer with a 5K display for that price - why didn't they introduce a new Apple display without any of the PC gubbins for considerably less?
A good spec jump. But I was hoping for a more radical redesign. Something a little more nuts! Like what they did with the MacPro redesign...still I'm glad to see they didn't leave the mini to obsolescence (I was starting to worry!) so that's what the 'Its been way too long' catchphrase was partially about.
Yes! My favourite Hollywood actor got the part! He'll nail it I'm sure!
So no laminated screen this around either it seems. That's a shame because the current Air's screen is not the best in sunlight, I was really hoping they would finally fix that.
Sorry but Beats did.
Yes you're right my math was way off for the iPad Air here! Sorry about that.
If this 3x res is applied to the current iPad Air it'll give 594ppi! Even to me that sounds a little like overkill res-wise. And I like my Retina displays! But if you apply that 3x res to the rumoured large screen iPad Pro - at 12.8" that works out to exactly 300ppi or print quality. Or if its the rumoured 12.9" then just over 297ppi. Anyway this new info adds much more interest to the upcoming 16th October event.
What the h...! A cash infusion of over half a billion from a successful tech firm less than a year ago and now filing for bankruptcy! Did Apple know what they were getting into when they invested in this company? Really...