or Connect

Posts by 1983

Universal as in widely available almost everywhere in the developed world. And you don't actually need too high a speed internet connection to stream just audio, even if it is lossless or high-resolution (24bit/DSD). It takes up less bandwidth than HD video.
With the endless terabytes of storage available in the cloud and pretty much universal high-speed internet connections, is it not possible to make a profit on lossless audio streaming below $20 a month?
This tablet seems to be quite compelling, for the business market anyway (quite affordable and fully compatible with Windows and Office). The same market Apple is making major inroads into with the iPad. The upcoming iPad Pro should be even more compelling for this market.
Wow! These photos - if legit - give the impression that the Pro is a really chunky piece of kit. None the less I still want one!
The Fall iPhone range will probably consist of this the 6C (rebodied 5S, maybe with Apple Pay) last years iPhone 6 as the mid-range $99 with contract phone and the upgraded 6S/6S Plus.   As the 5S is the only iPhone to use this pill shaped flash, using it again after the introduction of an upgraded version of this flash in the 6/6 Plus and claiming it to be a new model (6C) would be a bit insulting to the intelligence of iPhone users I think...or these photos could just...
LCDs have still got a lot of life in them yet. I don't know about the handset market, but the TV market this year is going Quantum Dot in a big way, which should enhance image quality quite considerably.
  You're entitled to your opinions as I am to mine. To sog35 when I said leaves it in its wake, I didn't mean speed I meant in overall specification. As for holding the phones, I haven't yet, but a metal and glass construction executed well is not going to feel cheap. Samsung's plastic premium phones while ugly still feel very solid. The premium materials used on the S6/Edge will probably continue that tradition. But competition is good for everybody, it means Apple will...
Same with me too. I don't use about three-quarters of Apple's apps. On another subject give Samsung its due, yes it copies a lot of Apple's ideas, yes TouchWiz is crapola and yes their stuffing their latest with bloatware. But the S6 and especially the Edge version are still very desirable phones. Their quality feel now on par with Apple, they're better looking and spec-wise they leave the iPhone 6 in their wake by a considerable margin...but then the 6S arriving in the...
I'm not so sure Ive and team are as good today as they used to be. Those messy plastic antenna openings on the back of the iPhone 6 still bug me and the 6 Plus is ungainly and too large for the screen size compared to competing models. Also the Apple Watch while a good design overall, still looks too standard smartwatch in its proportions. I'm hoping Apple get the design right with the iPhone 7, until then I'm keeping my 5S which still strikes me as a more classy device...
An A9 would be nicer, better future proofing and its coming in the Fall anyway. Also it can run hotter because the Apple TV is a plug-in mains device that sits near your TV with no battery-life requirements...anyway quite excited by this rumour and hope its true this time.