or Connect

Posts by 1983

Airplay is in need of an upgrade, sound quality is not great and is beaten by the Bluetooth aptX codec. Which is itself not the best in sound quality terms either. There needs to be a standardised wireless audio format that streams at true CD quality or higher. There is more than enough bandwidth available on current WiFi networks for such an implementation...but then I'm an audiophile while most people aren't, so it probably won't happen, not enough market demand.
Apple's a bit late to this game. But better late than never, iCloud needs a lot of improving.
OS optimizations and bug fixes only, no cableTV bundle, no new Apple TV etc...apart from the rumored Apple Music announcement, it seems like WWDC is going to turn out to be quite a dull affair this year.
My mistake, you need a bandwidth of about 130Gbps to stream 8K video at 60fps so such a bandwidth is a long way off then and really not needed anytime soon...
If they tried a little harder and ran things at 80Gbps or higher instead.You could have 8K video running at 60fps over one Thunderbolt cable. I suppose that may be offered in the future with Thunderbolt 4 or a further refinement of the USB spec...in the mean time you could achieve the same thing with two TB3 channels working via two active copper cables to an 8K monitor.
Apart from colour accuracy there's also, from what I understand a longevity issue with OLEDs too, particularly the blue pixel part of the display. Still, both issues are probably on the verge of being sorted. For that reason Apple might finally switch to OLED with next years iPhone 7.
5120x2880 x 24 x 60? What does the 24 stand for - FPS?
I use an iPhone 5S (2013 model) and yes there is glass. On the top and bottom sections of the back panel, just like on the iPhone 5. And in the same place you have those ugly plastic mouldings on the iPhone 6/6 Plus.
What Hi-Fi and Hi-Fi Choice if you have to know. The former being the most recent that I've read - May 2015 edition to be exact...I don't make shit up! The Beats reviewed okay, but still came towards the bottom of the list in sound quality.  Then there's my own personal experience with the brand, the Solo model. They came across as plasticky and overtly bass heavy with little reproduction of subtle detail either.
spheric - I concur.