or Connect

Posts by alty127

I am trying to connect my Powerbook to my new Samsung plasma hdtv using the dvi to vga adapter as my connection. The thing is I can get the Powerbook to display on the plasma but the desktop is stretched. The only options I have for desktop resolution are 1024x768 and below, so the only way I can get the desktop to be full screen is by setting the plasma to stretch the screen. I have check online for the native resolution of the Samsung plasma and it does say it is only...
I have been having problems with my mac not showing correctly formatted text in some applications, mainly Safari, select widgets, and iChat whenever I past a link. The text that shows up on my screen is jumbled and cryptic. Sometimes it appears as numbers and sometimes it is odd characters like it is in another language. I checked the international settings in system preferences and it is set to English. I can't seem how figure out how to get my text to show up properly,...
I was on dell.com looking for a monitor and when I was viewing the 20-inch widescreen I noticed that there was a different product shot at the bottom of the page showing a new form factor. I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I thought that it was an interesting find. I think the new design is nice a bit busy but nice.
Has anyone ever bought anything refurbished from the dell.com factory outlet? If so how did it work out? I'm looking for a 20.1 widescreen monitor for my Powerbook G4, since i can't afford an apple lcd monitor i was looking at getting a dell UltraSharp 2007WFP 20.1-inch monitor. I saw that dell had some great refurbished prices but I am always leery of buying referbished. If anyone has ever bought refurbed from dell were you happy with the product? Any visible wear and tear?
I think the phone looks really sweet, just wish I could have more than 100 songs on it. I personally like the bar phones vs. a flip phone, and it is kinda neat how the SLVR resembles the nano a bit. I would definitely pick up the SLVR L7 the next time I need a phone except for the fact that I use verizon and verizon never gets any half decent phones. I mean it took verizon forever to finally start offering the Razor. I suppose I need to switch to cingular when my plan is...
I'm looking for a way to have multiple itunes libraries, is that possible? I don't want to have my video files in the same location as my music. I don't mind this so much with the music videos but my TV shows and trailers are best off in the movies section of finder and not in music. I also don't keep all of my movies and TV shows on my laptop and have many of them on an external hd. It would be nice if they would show up in itunes when I plug in my external drive, is this...
I have a decent amount of songs in itunes that don't have the album or artist field filled in, and I was wondering if there is a way that itunes can check the music store and fill in uncompleted information for me. If itunes however is unable to perform this task is there another program that can do this for me. It would be nice if itunes could look up a song on my play list and check to make sure the artist, album and Genre are all correct. If anyone knows if itunes...
Santa, that was it! For as long as I have been using Photoshop I can’t believe I didn’t know about that box. I think I would have gone crazy if I didn't get this fixed soon. Thank you for your help!
I have a problem and don't know how to fix it. I am hoping someone can help. My issue is selecting other layers in Photoshop cs. Before when I wanted to select a new layer I would have to either use the layer menu or would control+click on the layer I wanted and that layer would be selected. However this mysteriously changed one day, and now Photoshop functions like Illustrator. Now whenever I click, a new layer becomes selected. This is very annoying and I need to know...
No, its not a fn key problem, I'm using hot corners to activate it, and even if I use my F10 key I still have the problem. I read some place that the widget sign that itune could be the trouble maker but closing that widget didn't seem to really help in my case.