or Connect

Posts by jpadhiyar

This one created a lot of heat. And to someone who called it a 'whining startup' %u2013 what makes you say that? They did a good job: they were (and are) the first to produce a device that a lot of people need. And they're doing a great job of it. The guys behind the startup had a big blow dealt to them by Apple and luckily, Apple retracted and changed the rules of the game only because they realized their folly.
Refresh is good but if the only innovation is making things thinner and lighter, I am not so sure if it's worth it.
Apple is either very very smart or just plain stupid. Even if it's being smart here, it's kind of suspicious. I am guessing it was some sort of a security bug given the urgency of the subsequent update.
I don't understand how this will suddenly be a great news. Really? How many children use iPhones that are passed on to them by their parents and have accounts that aren't technically those of the children? I mean, how does the FTC think the whole thing would really work?
There goes another one down the drain. There's really nothing much to hold against Apple in vaguely generic patents. Apple, on the other hand, knows how to introduce and impress specificity upon the judges and jurors in its cases.
Folks at Apple would probably rejoice finally at the way in which things have turned out for Apple. May be if they aren't able to broker with China Mobile, they'll just turn the tables around with their crazy marketing and get China Mobile behind them!
If it involves Samsung, you can be somewhat sure that this thing is for real. Further, it syncs in line with all those Assembled in USA talk. Would be interesting to continue on the discussion happening here and draw up a list of areas where Apple is already getting stuff made within the US.
The numbers are particularly scary. I think most developers assume that the identification of devices, recording of usage patterns are all "goes-without-saying" stuff. While in some cases, parents do take the privacy seriously, there is also an apparent lack of awareness amongst them regarding the nuances of technological application, data collection etc. Most notably the lines are blurred here.
A "zero bass response" is a very strong step backwards if that's the case. I think Apple must stop this fetish with thin design.
"Duh!" An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. At this rate, innovation will take a beating.