or Connect

Posts by AlexN

My hands are not particularly large (nor are they particularly small) at 180 mm (7.3 ") long, wrist to fingertip, by 100 mm (4 ") wide, but I had no trouble at all holding an iPad Mini in my left hand for 5 to 10 minutes while typing in my observations of it using one of the Minis at an Apple Store on release day, into the comments section of one of the threads on the AI forums. I barely noticed that I was holding the device most of the time - I was conentrating on...
I notice that Mr Piecyk says "we", not "I", which suggests that he is either a chicken or has delusions of royalty. At any rate, he (or they) appears to be inhabiting Cloud Cuckoo Land, judging by the comment in the article about Apple needing to outsell Google's figures by 30 times to "prove that there is a small tablet market". If that conlusion is valid, of course - and I'm not the person to confirm that.
I've got a feeling (based on nothing more than my funny-bone and recent - generally unexpected - upgrades) that the screen display may/will be upgraded in 6 months' time.As to the weight, the ("new" A6X) iPad is noticeably heavier than the iPad Mini, but has an amazing display. Horses for courses, I dare say.No probs: my pleasure, literally! It was nifty standing in the Apple Store and posting about the iPad Mini - using the iPad Mini itself .Cheers,Alex.PS, not sure why...
I wasn't expecting the display to be bad. While it's not quit up to Retina standard, it's very very good. And I'm very fussy about such things. The other thing that I would say in hindsight (having got home from my little session in the sandpit) is that it is light with a capital "L". Very easy to hold in one hand for an extended period of time (> 10') and type with the other in either orientation. Oh, and the screen ratio and size are very pleasing: smaller than the...
Well, I'm at the local Apple Store typing this on a black iPad Mini . My main objective has been to see what the screen is like (given that I don't have Retina display to call my own ). It's very nice: much nicer than that of the iPad 1 that I use! The tablet is light and easy to holde in hand: I've been typing this in portrait and landscape (currently landscape) effortlessly while standing at the iPad table. I'm going to do a bit more playing with so see you all later...
Addressing one part of this thread - that of aesthetics vis-a-vis apps and user interfaces- the app that really takes the bun and the biscuit is that frightful iOS "Game Center" [sic.]. I dislike it so much that I've buried it away in a folder where I never have to see it ever again. Truly sick-inducing. It reminds me of something out of the '90s with its mismatched fonts and colours - perhaps something cobbled together by a "Jolt"-crazed teenager. I would love to see Sir...
Sexy, sexy beast! Or, that should probably be "wee beastie" .I'll be off to the local Apple Store on Friday morning for a hopeful look-see/play. Since I currently use an iPad 1 with 4.3.3 - which I find fine despite also having an iPhone 4 - I am fully expecting to be pleased with it.I suspected that some of the reviews would be favourable: it looks as though they all are so far. Good news!
Meeiaow
I have a mid-2010 iMac with all the ports on the back of the unit (SD card and ODD slots on opposite sides) and routinely cursed when having to swap plugs in and out (a USB hub would fix that but so far I haven't found one that works well with the iMac).I now mostly use the spare USB socket in the keyboard - going back to the Magic Trackpad would free up the other one - for plugging in the camera and thumb (flash) drives.
Especally so if, as is rumoured, supply of components such as the screen is (currently) highly constrained.