or Connect

Posts by AlexN

If you read the text of the Maps portion of the initial iPhone 5 page on the Apple web site, it said:"may just be the most beautiful, powerful mapping solution ever..." - my formatting.Note the "may just be" - it is conditional, not absolute. I'm surprised that I haven't seen anyone else comment on this. It stuck out at the time (before the iOS6/maps release) and I wondered - at the time - why they put it like that. I don't think that it was coincidental: it does create...
Here's a link to an article by John Siracusa (Ars Technica) regarding this mythical wee beastie (found via Bing).As for the actual headline of this current article: AAPL down 2.56 % overnight - the stock market seems to just "love" stories like "made in the USA". In similar vein, I've noticed here in Oz that when employment figures go up, more often than not the ASX goes down. Causal connection or coincidence? Hmmm...
Maybe 3D holography . I think we're a long way away from that, though...
If the AppleTV box were to have DVR capability, it would need a means of storage. I can't see Apple putting a disk drive (back) in there; I can see it being an SSD, but a reasonable size, say at least 256 GB, would add significant $$$ to the cost. The price on SSDs could come down significantly, of course; or they could get a good price on volume (and that might in turn help put bigger SSDs in Macs ). On the other hand, I don't see any prospective content...
Nah, it's just the entire line-up of SVPs about to be sacked. Apple is domed (yes, only one "o" ).
Jasmine is indeed excellent (on the iPad, haven't tried it on the iPhone but no reason to think it would too different). A lot of thought and care has gone into the design/aesthetics/usability. A real pleasure to use.
Depends on when/whether the RIAA/MIAA let them, I suspect...
My fifteen year old daughter, who uses iTunes a lot, was initially rather ticked off by the most obvious changes from 10 to 11, but after about 10 minutes of her using it I haven't heard a squawk since: she updated to 11 when it first appeared in the Software Updates on her MacBook. Mind you, I did pass on the advice from the AI forum threads about using the "View" menu to get some of the old interface back at the start of those 10 minutes. She actually happily showed me...
Fantastic. So now we are going to get a wave of US-based pest-callers. Sneaky .
"Late" - as in defunct - might in fact be a very apt description. As an aside, whenever I see Ballmer's name JRR Tolkien's Balrog comes immediately to mind...