or Connect

Posts by AlexN

There are three cable channels that I would watch. - UKTV, History and Discovery. As we had to subscribe to at least two packages (maybe three) to get them, we decidedthat it wasn't worth it. And not long after that, we had digital terrestrial aerial installed: the reception was so good that we cancelled the single cable package that we had (which had none of the above cannels) and haven't looked back. If individual channels could be unbundled as TS suggests above we...
Maybe people misread the headline as "Apple's iMessage and FaceTime offer another significant outrage" .
I wasn't sure when those Twitter outages were as I rarely use it (and it isn't on my radar, either). Still, X could still = 0 .Re the ignoring bit - another example of confirmation bias, amongst other things (like pretending).
Aaaaaarrrgh! A scandal! A scandal! Woe is me!It was OK for Twitter to crash because that was in 20XX. It's now 2012 and I demand PERFECTION from Apple because they raised the bar of expectation so high and Twitter is the current Gold Standard(TM) of connection stability. How are we going to cope? I demand that Apple pays us all to have therapy to recover from the terrible blight that they have inflicted - nay, forced- upon us. Oh woe is me...To be fair I must say that I...
Looking at the iPad Mini issue, it is sufficiently close to 8 " to make it not a 7 " device. As JeffDM remarked above, it rather fits into a "Goldilocks zone" - which could be said to be defining new category within tablets. Also, there doesn't seem to be any recorded comment of SJ's regarding 8 " tablets - and I don't think that's splitting hairs. On the other hand it's possible that the uses - new or existing - to which the iPad Mini is put, could define whether it is...
I've used a case ever since I dropped my then-almost-new iPhone 3G and shattered its screen, clumsy fool that I am. I've chosen rubberised cases since they absorb shock - and also stop the phone from skating about in front of the instrument cluster when I have it in the car, as a useful side effect .
I got upgrade burnout with Lion, although I must say that 10.7.5 actually seems a lot better than its 10.7 predecessors. I have seen and read nothing to persuade me to install 10.8 as yet. There was a supposed memory leak fix (for Lion and ML) but as I haven't been able to confirm it so far I've decided not to risk it. I may even end up waiting to see what Sir Jonathon, et al., come up with.
As a matter of fact, I have to confess that I have been elsewhere in my foci - and that my comment was a bit naïve and half-baked, for which, my apologies. From what I've read so far on AI at least (avoiding some of the sites where lurk dangerous beasties) it is claimed that Mr Cook has tightened up/improved the supply-chain considerabl - but apparently not enough? Regarding the display on the iPad Mini, I made an effort the day that the wifi version was released, and...
@anfboymn: "back ordered orders"? That implies - if what you wrote is what you meant - that demand caught Apple by surprise. Better than to be caught with surplus stock (as long as the demand stays there and doesn't bleed off elsewhere, of course).
I am currently constructing a CNC box with a breakout board, a cluster of Gecko drives, power supplies and an embedded computer.The last of these is an Intel Atom D525MW board with an attached SSD with Ubuntu 10.04/LinuxCNC 2.5 on it. It never occurred to me to use a Mac Mini (even though it can run Linux) on account of the decade-old decision by Apple to drop the parallel port (other PC board makers seem to more and more be dropping it now, too).I also noted yor comment...