or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

Do you know how many people shop at Walmart, It would not surprise me if Walmart got a significant number of their "People of Walmart" to sign up to pay from their bank accounts. Of these people not sure how much Visa and others care if they have the People of Walmart signed up for a CC. Most of these people do not even have teeth to eat the food they buy at Walmart.
Just more fragmentation that is for sure. Soon we will have all sort of payment system and merchant will not know what to do. Pretty soon people will only shop at place that accept their payment system they decided to use. I just like how Apple does something and the industry which has not really done anything significantly new in years all of a sudden have a need to do things differently. Paypal screwed up on Plan A so they now on to Plan B and usually Plan B is a total...
This is interesting this is happening, and I wonder how big of an issue it is or was it more in lines that someone attempted this and it did not go too far. Visa just announced a service they will be offering people a higher level of security who do not have ApplePay. You load an app, register you phone with visa they link you card to your phone in their system and any time you make a transaction at a physical location, they verify the cell phone is in the same location...
I meant that Motorola tried to extract more money out of Apple than they were charging others for the same IP. I know on good authority Apple made a nice offer to settle with Motorola on those patents prior to google buying them and Sanjay turned them down since he wanted Apple to cross license all the iphone GUI as part of the deal.Motorola is the only company which Apple never paid FRAND licensing on the cell phone patents which they were using. They paid Nokia,...
Sog35,I am not 100% sure about IOS, but I can tell you as of OSX 10.10 spotlight is searching the internet and bypassing Google for most part. It will not surprise me if they migrate this to IOS. They are most like working to get it correct on the Mac. Also you can change your default search on IOS to other search engines.
Here we go Google is going to create fragmentation in payment systems, this only good for Apple. We know apple worked on Apple pay for years they were in conversation with the CC company since touchID first came out, thus the solution we have today. Everyone else is rushing a solution to market which is be completely screwed up. But most people are sheeps an will follow. However, I suspect that Apple attract a large majority of users who are willing to do thing...
Google may not need to do a deal with the cell phone company, many of the towers today are not even owned by the cell phone companies. Cell phone companies rent time on the towers or rent space to put their own equipment on the tower. For the last 15 years cell phone companies have been either selling their tower or working with third parties to rent time and space on towers, this is why you see so many towers with so many antennas on them. Local government did not want...
Actually, I will clarify this a bit, every phone call has the "potential" to be monitor, in real time. This is nothing new. Since the existence of 7ESS phone system the government can log into the system and listen to any call they like. Grant in the past it required a warrant and a call to the phone company to gain access, but they do as the feel fit now since they were granted limitless warrant as part of patriot act.
Okay, Google is going to bite another hand that feeds it. Google will give away free cell service as long as they can monitor every aspect of your life and advertise to you like you never seen before on your phone. Yeah this will work great you know any deal they will do will include a clause this allows any bandwidth they are allocate can be yanked at any time if the cell company needs it for their customers.
Well we know how this end for Motorola who attempted to do the same thing. Everyone is seeing Apple profits and now they all want a cut of those profits