or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

Here is what it does for me on daily bases, it allows me not to look at my phone all the time especially in meeting with Senior management. I can quickly glance down at it to get updates on things, as well as seeting text and seeing who is calling and decide to answer or not. It taps on my wrist and reminds me a I have meeting I need to be at when I am not infront of my computer. You probably use your phone for time, do you complain about it being rectangular verse being a...
 Here is the problem with your statement, it is like art, it is all in the eyes of the individual on what it pleasing to them. I am not a fashion snob I tend to select things base on function over form. However, Apple hit on something and you obviously disagree, but if people are buying that means more than anyone's opinion. I had more people come up to me and ask me about the Apple watch and I am not a person which people will just wall up to and talk too. Most people are...
I agree with your statement, and it is a little bothersome to have a round clock face on the square display. I would also say they Apple maybe should have not called it a watch since most everyone think of round when you say a watch. Also Clocks and watches have been made in all sort of shapes but they do all come back to round at some point. The issue is the Apple watch is more than a time piece so it sever lots of functions so 90% of what it does make square a better...
Here is what I notice with the 360 I played with at Bestbuy, the watch was extremely warm when on the charging stand. The reason this is an issue is the fact heat is bad for the battery which means they the battery will degrade over time. Android and Motorola have not fixed their issue of running to hot especially when the units are charging. Even when the Apple watch is charging it hardly gets warm, and once it fully charge and still connected to the charge the watch is...
This is good, One this I heard and read that most people agree unless live sports are stream people will not give up thier cable TV systems. It looks like the NFL is testing the waters.   I know my Brother-in-law watchs baseball on his ATV and does it so he can watch his home town team which is not broadcast locally. What was interesitng it blanks out the video with a message that said paused for local advertising.   This stuck me as interesting and I feel that Apple...
I am not sure why you seem to believe what Google says. I have a simple rule is never believe what someone says (for various reasons) just look at what they do, actions tell you far more than their words. This is like you saying Google does not read corporate emails and I have examples where they do. Yeah they post this kinds of things what they say does not preclude them from mining this information and using it for their own purpose. They may not say Gatorguy is gay and...
He was being sarcastic, you miss it. His point is actuate though, Apple will not all any app to use data in health app to sell that information to advertisers thus the reason google want you to use their health database, verse apple's
This is so that google can data mine your health information and also track where you run and such with the various android wear device. I would not surprise me that google will with watches as they did with Waze. Waze now place ad on the nav screen of Waze base on your current location. It tries to send get you to drive or walk to the advertises business. Image the watch ping you as you walk or drive by a store and google placing and ad on your watch. I does do it today,...
First, for those who want to DVR content on the device without an HDD but using Flash is asking for problems. Flash will wear out since more content is stored for short periods of time and erase and this is bad for flash, this is why all DVR today still mainly use an HDD. It does not make sense to have Flash storage for DVR, the flash would need to be removable or your will be replacing your unit ever couple of years   Yes universal search is good and nice way to find...
You are correct MPEG-LA did not create anything it is just a holding house for IP. But it not good for patent holders. I specifically dealt with MPEG IP and the way the MPEG-LA licensing is writen if you choose to use it then any IP you have regarding MPEG you are required to cross license all that IP whether you want to or not. Also MPEG-LA also requires that everyone in the chain of deliverying MPEG content must have license, otherwise, they run the risk of being sued....