or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

Your right you are allowed to loose you shirt doing your business as long as it does not hurt competitors which can be easily shown in this case, how many book stores when out of business of Amazon's practices. Also, it illegal to sell to the US government below costs, I would bet Amazon in fact sells to the US government. The reason it is illegal is like buying the business from the government. Yes we know Wal-mart some time sell at a lower cost then they bought (lost...
yep he nails it and glad the judges pointed out what I said all long, Amazon was the one they should have gone after for their predatory practices. this may backfire really bad on the DOJ. It sounds like someone in the DOJ office was on the take similar to the IRS targeting the tea party groups for a special examine.
I find it interesting the judge made the statement about predatory pricing, which is illegal in the US. He is telling the DOJ they need to prove Amazon was not using predatory pricing practices to prove their case. This could be an interesting case. I like this statement and this is a Lawyer who obviously not familiar with the law, Predatory pricing is simple to understand when you sell a product at or below your costs, Anyone think Amazon is making money on selling books,...
  I think you hit on it, again it that Most Favorite Nation clause coming to light. Apple probable said if you offer any other competing phone to the iphone like a Samsung Galaxy with a lessor contract requirement you had to offer the same on the iphone. This is not like Samsung agreeing to let them BOGO deals since they is Samsung financing that deal. So what do you think the phone companies did, it was easier for them to now offer package deals for other phones since...
you beat me too it, a bunch of idiots. They act like Apple would not allow any other phones to be sold, as it was point out i see all the time the 2 for one deal if you buy a samsung of LG with a new contract. Or get a free phone. Yeah consumers are complete sheep and buy the most expensive phone on the market because they have no cheap choices. I suspect that with the Iphone came higher rate plans and if you wanted the iphone you have to pay more, why imagine that you...
What I like about these people who complaint about these jobs and not being treated fairly, most have no interest in making themselves better and they want the same things as those who worked hard to get where they are. When they talk about being fired, they never talk about all the things they done before the last thing they did before getting fired. I work at a high tech company and we outsource all these services as well and it is interesting that the Same people doing...
which thing am I wrong on, I did not say they did not win the A9 business, All I said they did not have the A8 business like everyone keeps rumoring. Also, I would bet that A9 Business has not been locked in yet. Remember Apple and Samsung are still battling in court and Samsung still owe them over $1B. I doubt Apple is letting them off the hook yet. TSMC is probably still in the running.
Not sure this can be found on the web today, back in the early 90's Apple outsourced all it cleaning service trying to cut cost. They open it up for bid and finally award it to a small SJ base minority owned, non-union cleaning company. Well the bigger union controlled cleaning company cried fowl. They claimed this non-union company was under paying its workers and did not provide them any benefits and a long list of things to make Apple look like they hired a wetback...
I'll say this again, the 40% of chip business that Samsung has is most like for everything non-A8, the older apple product. It is too hard to have a SOC on two different lithograph technologies and deal with the difference they cause. Most likely Apple would not have introduce this level of complexity into a new product like the i6 or new iPads.   The Fact that Samsung is acting like whore to get back the business they lost is only good for apple and the rest of us it...
I am just happy Ford will drop sync, I was thinking I would never buy another ford because sync sucks so much we never use on our current car. I think MS lock Ford into some really long term deal thus the reason they did not dump it soon and they were the last company saying they were going to work with Apples car play.