or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

Good question, I suspect that Apple educated VISA on their solution and the fact any android phone today would store the token in memory on the phone not in a security chip like Apple is secuitry risk that Visa may not want to take on. Also Apple's security chip also auto generates the unique token for each transaction. Unless someone can hack the chip in real time it hard to get the unique algorithm use in real time.I suspect that VISA will not extend their token down to...
First Toshiba does not do DRAM they got out of that business many years ago, Toshiba is NAND supplier to Apple and both San Disk and Toshiba share the same Foundry in a JV together and Toshiba special sauce is not as good a San Disk thus the reason they now has more of Apple's business. Back to DRAM, Elpida is apple supplier of choose which is now own by Micron. After apple had a fall out with Samsung and went looking for a new Mobile DRAM supplier Elpida, made a deal with...
It is no different in sports, people are aways looking for reasons to say a new record is not valid because the person who first set it did at a time when things were different and todays record was only accomplish because a long list of things that the first record holder did have to his advantage. No one want their hero record broken that is for sure, and 20 yrs from now the next raising star will have to content with what Apple did and always be compared to them.
I did not notice anyone saying if Google and Softcard put out product, what is the fees. You can bet that if they are working with the Telco on this they will want a cut of the processing fee as well as google. Remember what the Banks and CC companies said about the Apple solution it was not present as a new monetizing system. They said they everyone one else solution was done in such a way they wanted a cut of the transactions, yeah we know apple is getting 0.15% which...
The issue here is Apple allowed the Mujeeb Ijaz to go out and recruit others from his old company. It sounds like Apple and A123 had a NDA and a no-poaching agreement in place. This guy can pretty much do what he wants however, Apple and all its employee are bound by the agreements including the new hire. I curious if Mujeeb Ijaz being the CTO had a separate agreement with A123 usually people at that level are bared from trying to recruit individual from company. It would...
I knew this was coming ApplePay for your computer for online purchases. People kept saying it did not make sense. It will be touch ID everywhere.
That is because Apple is using newer technology then google, from what I seen of Google system it was stuff developed for the military in the early 2000's time frame. if you look the apple van does in fact have the spinning LIDAR system, Google had one large one and the Apple van has two smaller ones. and the are pointed at an angle toward the ground front and rear of the van.From my understanding you do not need a LIDAR system to map roads and do street view all they need...
Actually China does, when a violation is brought to their attention, they call up the US companies using the supplier who is violating the law and tell them they need to address the matter with their Chinese supplier. China is not dumb, they do it this way instead of the government coming down on violating company and forcing them to comply. They make the outside company do the dirty work since the Chinese company will argue that is will cost more to comply and they need...
I can tell you Apple health app is not accurate on tracking steps and distance traveled and such. I also have to agree there are some very good health tracking apps in the app store. I down loaded few and have been playing with them to see how good thay are. The good one now require a yearly subscription, which I am being to hate, why must have have to keep paying for an app yr after yr just to use it. Apple own health app is about 50% wrong. Every morning I take the dog...
so true. I am waiting for the next big thing they come up with to same me from myself.