or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

Now that I disagree about kids just need to be focus and dicipline and this is definitely missing.However, my kids' school used computers to the kids advantage. My kids have lots of skills which most people never get until they work. They know how to use spreadsheets to analysis data and they can use Power Point to make presentation, My kids have more time standing up in front of people doing a presentation than I did after working for a number of years. They have some...
I can see this, schools do not want to be bothered with maintiain computers, they generally are technology neophites. My kids usually ended up helping teachers use the technologies in the class room. Most kids who grew up on technology know this stuff better than most of the people teaching them. This is part of the reason kids no longer respect the average teacher especially when kids know more than they do when it comes to technology. My kids come home all the time and...
I have to agree and if you know anything about TV and how they are sold on the wall of TV and why Samsung does so well. The best analogy I can find it is like bugs to the bug light. Samsung turns up the brightness and color saturations which makes their TV standout in the crowed across the room and people are just dawn to the petty bright colors.This is hard to compete with, since most people have no idea what makes a good TV picture. They think brights and boldest is the...
I owns a Titanium watch before and bought it becuase how tough titanium is and how light on the wrist it was. In the end I found I rather wear a heaver watch so I know I had something on my wrist. The Apple Watch is falls in the middle of my stainless steel watch and the older Titanium. Not sure Titanium is a great selling point, I have not look at many watchs but have not seen a Titanium watch in a long while.
Actually he can also get a Moto360 at costco they have thousands of the cardboard sheets you take up to the casheir and they will give you one to take home.I do agree I generally do not like waiting for something I buy, but Apple did say they would delivery between the 13th and the 27th of may and they hit the 13th and it worked as promise.
Actaully Waze is far better as long as you do not use the Google provide POI locations guarratee to get you lost. Waze maintians their own POI database which is maintain by user updates so if something is wrong is not wrong for long.I have seen this issue for a long time with Google maps which dates back to 2010, you find a POI it shows at the correct location but when you use the actual address provided in the POI and navigate to that location it takes you somewhere else....
Here is the problem with putting a camera in a TV, as well as the Camera phone from back in the 90's people worry that someone can be watching them. Yes people use face time and Skype and other video chat services but it not as wide spread as texting or talking on the phone. Keep in Mind Video chat is in its 4 decade, it was around in the corporate world back in the 80's. after also 40's year is still not mainstream communications.  This is the key statement here and why...
Trade dress is not always what is trademarked. When the original case happen and this whole tradedress things came up, a Ferrari case was brough up and how Ferrari sued some company for making knock off look a like Ferraris. Ferrari won on the whole trade dress arguement, The company did not use any Ferrari symbols or names or functional items of the car, they just made a car which look like and used the Ferrari red color. Ferrari successfully argued this knock off cars...
This is no different that Apple buying PA Semi which is the core to their SOC for the mobile computering business today. Apple has the ability to find gems like this which are not over inflated with hype like a number of companies which we saw big acquistion which will never return what they cost. No one seems to be interested in companies who are focus on the government as the end customer, But apple have found a few of these and got them at a deal price.
Can anyone provide the link to the Forbes information, I found a couple of Forbes 2000 lists and they all look different and Apple is not at the top they are further down the list and you can not filter by techologies company, but computer hardware or software, and Apple does not even show in the Consumer Electronic list which Apple back in 2005 drop computer from the name and declared they are no longer a computer company but a consumer electronics company. Forbes...