or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

Well I seen this chart before, and Google is playing games with it, honestly you can not have overlaps like they did, either it is normal or large can not be in both camps at the same time. Ask your self why google did not put in the 3 and 5  and 6 on the chart, It a game they are playing to make people do what you did which was to read into what you wanted it to say.  I am not 100% sure but phones when reporting information about screen size does not say the actually...
Actually I would say that the Google data is saying normal is in the 3.5 to 4.5 range and what when people say larger they looking at the 5 to 7 inch range. so 80 of Android user are in the normal range, and only 7% are in the 5 to 7 range. Most of them are in the low res end so cheap big displays. I got back to the fact Android consumers have chooses and lots of them, This is the complaint about apple, you any have anything you want from apple as long as it what apple is...
You method is more in line with how it should be done, Using the know size, scale it properly to that size and measure everything else in the picture. The only concerns is the fact the original picture was taken off angle so their are parallax issue you some time have to worry about, but you estimate is closer than the first guys attempt.
Again look at Google's data the cheap ass phone would be on the left of the chart, lower res and smaller displays the higher res, high cost on the right, more users on that side of the chart. I do not believe Google's usage data take into consideration user who can barely feed themselves. As we know cheap Android phone user do not use the phone as intended so it probably not showing up in the data. Also, anyone who does consumer purchasing preference will tell you, you can...
I do not believe these surveys, why, they are just people opinions of what they think they want. As Steve has always said and is true consumers do not know what they want. If they put an actually larger phone in these people hands and ask them to compare it to what they want and see if they would buy on the spot, I bet the results will tell you something different. Even Google own date on the number of Android phones with larger displays is only about 15% of the population...
  yeah I would have to agree, need someone with an engineering background making the measurement, not some arts degree. I was looking at this attempt to measure and could not see how on the black phone, he showed the know measurement of 2.31" and then on the one what display a measurement of 4.42". If you simply took the 2.31" line and laid it on the while display you can clearly see if not almost 2x as large, not sure how he even came to the 4.42" number.
It looks like there are quite a few of those display on that pallet, too many to be in the prototype phase of the phone, for this many displays to show up now, long before the Developer conference or the normal fall releases seems like this product could be right around the corner.   If this product is not soon ready for release, and these are not the first shipments of part for production, these could be parts which apple is disposing of since they may have decided to...
It actually sounds like Apple figured out a way to deal with him with out dealing with him. The fact his report is just him lambasting about how Apple is treating him tells me he is not doing anything of substance which I what Apples original complaint was. He is just now seen as the cost of doing business and Apple gets to write this guys costs off their taxes. Just means the government is making less money off Apple.
They are claiming they could have market a polished turd and call it a smart phone and because they spent so much money on marketing they would have sold more turds and Apple Iphone. Yes Marketing had everything to do about it, however, without a product to market to consumer then all the money spent would have done nothing for them. Let put this way, if they copied the iPhone and did nothing, spent no money showing off the product what would have been the end result.  I...
yeah and do you know how much data is sent via Compress Digital Radio, it is not a lot, it is CBR verse VBR, VBR which is usually data and video is a lot more demanding in a transport method and FM and AM are going for CBR since they are sine waves with data modulated on to the sine carrier signal. Today the Internet is high speed and burst data not well suited for constant frequency sine wave to carry