or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

I was one of those people who said I did not get it since younger people have done away with watches, but my son who never wore a watch said he could see a larger purpose to begin wearing a watch once he saw the apple watch last fall. When he said this I began to rethink the whole idea and wondered if apple could convince people to begin wearing them again.
Simple, it been widely reported that HBO deal did not include apple getting a cut and their standard cut on music and Apps was 30%. HBO is not going to agree to $15 price and give Apple $4.50 of it when they get more from the cable guys. You can not compare beats they own beats so pay a licensing fee to the music companies. Could Apple be taking a cut, yes but it is not going to be 30%. When HBO and other licensing their content to cable operators they get a flat fee per...
This is why everyone else's product will suck compared to Apple, no competitor is going to do this much testing and analysis to make sure they product works correctly and brings value to the end users. The competitor will whip out their me too solution and claim they are better without the research and development behind the product. Apple has the money to do this, the others can not afford to spend the time and money getting a product like this to market. I recognize...
This is exactly what I was thinking and they may have various memory options, because DVR is needed in my mind, I would like my own Que of movies verse going and searching to watch some since I am assuming the Apple solution at this time is going to look more like Netflix and standard Cable. The issue with netflix is you have to search for content verse surfing channel to see what is on know when you are not interesting in bing watching your favor show or looking for the...
The Cable industry (or media distribution industry which is more than just the cable company) is large than people think. I am starting to think that Apple solution to the content providers it going to cut out lots of middle men. it allows content owner to do their own deal with advertisers and such and not have to share revenue with everyone in the value path that exist today. If what we heard that Apple allow content owners control over how they advertise and such and...
This assume that Katy Huberty of Morgan Stanley has even an oz of a clue what the deal will be between Apple and the content providers. It appears that Apple is not even taking a cut, they my only make money on the hardware in this case and to extrapolate that into % of apple revenue it pure speculation We all know Apple pretty well and we can see when these estimated are pure BS, imagine what they are saying about companies which majority to the investment world has not...
Actually, sweating. I seen other "sport related" electronic having issues with people's sweat. Only those items which are specifically design to be water resistant to something more then a meter of water hold up to athletic activities. Keep in mind Apple is saying it is a luxury item which automatically says it not for everyday abuse, but they also say it for health and activity base uses which mean people are going to sweat on it.
First the reason the Cable guy had to go digital they could not provide HD on Analog for all the channel which are HD today. Digital is the only way to have enough bandwidth to provide HD content.ALso, even the analog STB monitored what you were watching, grant it is far less data then Digital STB but they still knew what you were watch since there was what is know as out of band digital return path to the operator. Most of this was to verify that you were only watching...
Do not kid yourself, cable operator already share this data about you with Content owners. The STB today know exactly what you watch and when and report it back the cable operators. The question is do that exactly share who you are or you are one of X many people who actually watch a particular show. I doubt Apple will tell them who you are by name and all the content you watch or listen to or the apps you buy or where you happen to be with your phone or ipad when you...
First Google Fiber is not the answer, why because Google is only installing places where easy to do so. Example Google fiber is not being put in the north east where the population density is the highest. However, it requires fiber to be installed on a pole above ground and then requires yearly maintenance and weather induced failures.Next, I happen to live in an area where I have 4 choices for video ( 2 satellite, one cable, one fiber) and 3 choices for interest (one...