or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

In my house I have 26 LAN connections I have GB Cable modem, and connector to that I have a GB WAN/LAN wireless router and then have 26 point GB switch which all ports are connected to through my house. I am hardwire on everything except labtops, phones and ipads, those all use wireless. I do not like wireless for any of my streaming devices, hardware just works far better than wireless through walls and floors.
Yeah I tell people all the time Agencies are never to be trusted, they are allow to violate your rights since they are not police nor do they have the authority to arrest you but they can share with the authorities what they learned about you no laws about that. But most US companies are on the up and up, most mean well but do cross the line from time to time, Google just does thing until they get caught and are told to stop doing it. The the old idea of do what you want...
BS, they do read your work email, how do I know, simple when my stupid company thought it was good idea to switch to gmail to save money I had the pleasure of having gmail for almost 2 yrs and I can tell you they read work emails. There are companies I did business with that I only communicated to them via work email and never once visted their websites or did searched on their business in google since I had no need to do so. Years before this Google made the connection...
Here is the scary part of this, the fact that Google had to answer the question in the first place is an issue. I am willing to bet that the device is somehow communicating back to Google. Google does not make stuff unless they can make money off datamining, it may not tell google which websites you are visiting bit it may be tell them other things about your usage. There is no reason to trust Google.
As it has been said, the issue with Streaming is content discovery. finding something to watch on current TV is pretty easy, it is call channel surfing. Nothing like this exist on streaming service. Today you have to some sort of search or have the streaming service guess at what you might want to watch, then you have to click on it and wait while it buffers, watch a few minutes and then decide if you want to keep watching or not then proceed to do it all over again. Over...
The end results of the race to the bottom, getting rid of people you can no longer pay who make your product. They are in the death spiral.
This just means that those items bought in an Apple store will cost me. Apple packing requirements are not cheap, they come at a price that is for sure. Either they are going to pass the cost onto consumers or eat in margins what do you think these companies will do in the end. They already have to give up 30% to be in the Apple store.
Here is the issue, and the same is true for Apple, if the merchant or POS does not support NFC, you have to swipe, okay the Samsung system may work with swipes, but if the Merchant upgrade to chip and pin POS as required come Oct or they bare all loses due to fruad, then the Samsung System will not either work. If you have a chip and pin card today and swipe it on a POS with Chip and Pin the terminal knows you have the chip and forces you to put the card into the slot and...
Their argument is changing as one would expect, They are claiming they can not even use legal means to get at your dataThis is true, if your data is encrypted today, court can not demand that you turn over the data, they have no legal way to get to the encrypted data since Apple closed the method to unencrypted it. However, what the government is not sharing this is also true for any encryption software you may use on your computer files today.The issue prosecuters have,...
I installed Adblock on my all my Idevices and just on my phone in one month it blocked 1000's of ads and saved about 500MB of data from being transfer to my phone and I am not the largest user of data and apps in my family. These ads cost you more than time and display real estate, it cuts in to your data plans.   On my home computers I have been blocking ads for a long time, I even got Google analytics completely blocked at my firewall. Most all of google's ad websites...