or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

As it was pointed out, the same thing could have be said about a CPU especially a multi-core CPU, it loaded with technologies and patent landmines. If we look back in time, people were probably saying apple would never make their own process with a long list of reasons why. It completely obvious, it has all the so call experts scratching their heads wondering what this all could mean. With a $170B in the bank do not second guess what Apple is up to, they are the only...
not sure who that company is, never heard of them. but here is the one what most of the industries looks at, they put a $ value on what the brand is actually worth. http://www.millwardbrown.com/brandz/2013/Top100/Docs/2013_BrandZ_Top100_Chart.pdf Looks like Samsung moved from down in the 60th position prior to their copying efforts to now 30ths, but Apple is still #1 and have been for 4 yrs, so Apple did not come down but it help drive them up. So to be clear, Samsung...
Because it is a Movado and you pay for the name, it a fashion statement and suck as a watch, I know I own one, not that one, and you can not easily tell what time it is especially when it dark out. They have ones which are more expensive than that. So it not always about the finish hand crafted machinery 
I do tend to agree, but this is also a $2000 watch. If Apple is going after the luxury watch market it make sense since there is no way to make s cheap watch that does everything people want, and again people with money like stuff like this and it is a fashion statement. So no kiddies buy this unless your a teen idiot.  
Let see most music today has an attention span of what a month and on to the next piece of garbage.   What I think we are observing is this, when albums came out people bought the most popular music, then 8 tracks came out and people re-purchased, then cassettes, then CD and then Digital. Now people have bought all the most popular songs they like in digital content and since there is nothing new and there is no need to replace digital content people do not have to...
This lawsuit predates Google getting involved, in this case Google inherited the issue. I have said this before, Motorola originally attempt to blackmail Apple into crossing licensing all of Apple iPhone patent to get a fair deal on the SEP. This fact came out when Google bought Motorola and the FTC and EU order google not to use SEP and non SEP lawsuits against the cell phone industry which they agreed. Notice Apple keep bring this up since they need to close on the FRAND...
I do not follow the payment processing industry, so my question he is how does Square make its money, do they just make the hardware and software to allow for a credit card transaction or do they also get a % of the transaction for processing it for the account holder. I believe Verifone today how have the majority of the POS systems which process you debt card and CC get a % of the transaction.   If Square makes money this way then it maybe worth $8B if not it another...
Actually, I use to hear people say all the time my Verizon or AT&T phone does or does not... They would never reference the actually manufacture of the phone. Even when you started up the Razr it would say Verizon or AT&T on the start up screen. Again after the iphone Motorola would put their logo first on the start up screen followed by the Service provider, Even my Atrix HD form AT&T flashes the Motorola logo quickly but the AT&T logo is on there a lot longer and more...
Another person who learned form the political machine in this country, Please quote the complete sentences, here I will do it for you  Google employees more than software engineers, and I would not believe the survey, it maybe a small population at best.  As I also said people are leaving Google as the one person on the Google survey said they are not happen with the company direction. And if Google was in fact paying all their software people that kind of money these...
To you point, most people had no clue what phone that had until the iPhone came out, since operators required their logo and name on the phones and most people would refer to their phone by the service providers name. Only after the iphone was everywhere that companies like Samsung were able to put their name on the phone so that people knew who made the phone.