or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

I agree, you would be amazed how much google is doing, I got all google related websites outside google.com blocked with little snitch. I have other programs who also attempted to communicated with google related websites. Google got their fingers into lots of things. I specially make sure I have Google analytics websites blocked this is the site they use to collect stats on what you doing on your computer
The only way this works is the target machine has to be logged into google somehow or have a daemon running on the target machine, ie something running in the background. This is the only way to avoid point forward when you have more than one compute behind a firewall or DHCP servers. this is how Logmein or Teamviewer works. What was nice about Timbuktu it does not require someone on the other end to connect, I there was time I told family to leave the computer on and I...
who are you going to call at google when you have a problem, do you think teachers and such will post a question on a discussion board or read through a bunch of techie posts to figure out what is happening. Google is not set up to support Schools, they think everyone should solve their problems by doing a search on the web.  Apple has a similar problem, yeah you can call them and they know their products but they will not be able to deal with schools on a daily issue....
hall effect sensor can detect current movement without putting something in line with the circuit that draws current. in a sense it a wire that runs through a ferrite core and the core picks up the magnetic field and the current passing through it and this can be converted to current and be measured. They are probably using this to know when the processors are drawing too much current and will over heat the phone and kill the battery at the same time.
yeah not, again IDC is putting numbers out ahead of any company making any sort of announcements from any of these companies. BTW, HP is off cycle they Q4 ends at the end of January, so we will not know HP Nov, Dec, Jan number to February and some how IDC already know what HP did.
I actually agree since I have used all these product successfully outside my home network and support family members on their Mac for over 20 yrs. the most complicated part is the port forwarding, and most time it pretty simple fix. Also there are simple app to tell the user their public ip which I install on any computer I was helping people with.  With that all said, and as I said above, google had no place in the communication path between you and another computer you...
  Gee, I have been doing this for almost 20 yrs using first Timbuktu, then I used apples only remote desktop for the last 10 yrs, as well as using Logmein, and TeamViewer and there are more. I also use Desktop Connect on my Ipad to log in and help family members on my Ipad. This is nothing news and You have to ask yourself why google wants into this business. Grant it Timbuktu and Apples own remote desktop software do not requiring accessing a third part to connect to...
Not to say the school did not screw up, but notice the only fault they fund with the Apple only solution is the cost. As a tax payer I would not want the school spending too much money. However, like most of these analyses they usually do not factor in the gifts that keep giving so support non apple products, like all the licensing fees from MS and IT support to keep these products running. Then factory the lack or no support for google products.   In the end any...
Yeah , I began getting concerned over the weekend after getting Little snitch finally installed and working on Yosemite. Little snitch goes crazy as soon as you begin typing in the spotlight search window. I know Apple said it will search the web, but I was trying to locate a file on my computer and it was making all sorts of connections everywhere else as well.   Their is rumors Apple is coming out with its own search engine, well  I believe it is spotlight, because you...
I was on their website, and they do not have detail design information or how to wire it into the existing circuits in the house, so I am guessing base on the little information they are sharing. However, what I saw was the display module is the sign of dual switch, but only fits into as single switch opening. They are not showing two different sizes, from what I saw it was one size and due to the size of the display if covers a large space greater than a dual switch,...