or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

BTW, my education comment was not directed at you, there are others that keep saying the exec were crock and trading on insider information. Like I said, I have been waiting to see if the SEC put out a statement about these transactions and if they had the slightest concerns they usually make a statement they plan to investigate, they have make no such statement. They usually come out fairly quickly in situation like this. Now if insider trading was going on outside the...
That maybe an option or apple could turn over the facility to Corning or others. Actually now that I am thinking about this since they are in Bankruptcy the assets for all intended purposes are the award of the court. Apple can not touch them until the courts make their decisions and company can stay in bankruptcy for a long time. This could be the other reason GTAT did this, maybe apple threaten to let someone else run it for them and doing this would keep the assets out...
Assuming the contract does not have language about going into bankruptcy, which most good agreement have, what has been posted about the apple agreement is not the entire agreement. The reason I know this I negotiate agreements like this all the time and we have a bankruptcy clause be prevent the agreement from being terminated because of bankruptcy, why, because most company usually come out the other side (very few actually close the doors) and you do not want to be at a...
Actually Bankruptcy can be and has been use a business strategy, and at this point I believe this is exactly what GTAT is doing. It is not because they can get out from under debt, Apple is the single largest debt holder and they could have easily renegotiated that part of the agreement if money was the real issue and the typical reason to file bankruptcy. Again unless you understand insider trading laws and stock option and RCU, the stock sell off is not suspicious, why...
no they can not, Chapter 11 own deals with creditors not any agreements between companies. The courts will decide who will get paid and who will not and who will end up with what assets. They can not break any contracts. Grant it, I believe GTAT is making every effort to force apple to terminate the agreement, even than Apple could still walk away with everything they need. Most contracts has language which says licensing rights survive even after termination. This could...
This is just another attempt by GTAT to get Apple to pay them more money for their screw ups. They are using bankruptcy court to blackmail Apple.
Absolutely do not believe anything that Matt Margolis says, the guy has not clue, he was the biggest GTAT cheerleader out there and he not talk about how much he made hyping the stock. There was no apple was using this for phones, the whole yield thing was red-herring Matt was using to divert attention away from the fact he had no idea what is talking about. The guy has no technology background so lack and skill to determine if it was even technically feasible to use...
Actually the judge is sending both sides a message with his overly simplify view of what happen. When you know the issue is more complicated and the person who is going to make the final determination is overly simplifying it, then it say you better work something out otherwise, you both may not like the outcome if the judge has to decide.
Actually doing business overseas is far worse, most overseas companies sign these kinds of deals knowing full well they have no plans to honor them. If something goes bad they just bankrupt the company and start up a new one under a new name. It is done all the time, if they are a large company they set up shell holding company in so country with no assets, the holding company signs the agreement and if something goes bad then you stuck dealing with a no assets holding...
What I fine interesting about this, and Jimmy said it, Beats already had deals in place with individual player to have them use and wear their products as part of them playing Football. Then the NFL does their own deal then fine players because they have their own separate deals. I wonder how that will play out count. Remember that Motorola was the supplier of the two way headphones for a very long time, last year the NFL replace the Motorola products with a no name and...