or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

I seen some comment is other threads along this line, You can not hire someone no mater what their background is if they do not exist.   I been part of organizations who were trying to diversify for very good reason since different people from different background can bring ideas which a homogeneous group may fail at seeing. I can tell you ever single time they fail to achieve their goal. It was not because they did not try hard, they did. They even went into the...
This is an interesting piece of information   Since Siri came out of research which was funded by the US Government, it mean that the US Government is also a owner of the Siri Technologies. I wonder if those 3 remember to list the US government on any patents they have for the technology, in order to accept US government funds they had to agree to list the government on any patents which come from the research.
Translated - the quality if going to be crap so Apple is not going to risk their reputation on it and the only customers who Intel could convince to take it are those stupid convertible table bunch who have yet to prove they actually have a market for their product.
There has been software like this for corporation to install on company provided cell phones. This software is loaded to enforce company policies such as not installing software which is not approved or allows they to remotely managed the device or lock or wipes it content. Another feature is they can see everything you doing with the phone. If Apple is making big inroads in the Corp America you can bet Apple has similar management tools for Corp IT to manage and control...
  Actually if you pay for prime, you get free shipping for next day or 2 days. My last year experience and I have bought lots of stuff of Amazon has been not only was their price better than any place I price compared, I got most everything in 2 days and a number of time I order early in the morning and had the item arrive the next days just over 24 hours. When I buy I do total cost to get it to my house and I got tired of website doing the low price bait click only to...
because you would engrave the logo into metal if it was going to be metal, not if it was a insert like ipad it would be made of another material and the metal would be machine out or punched out to allow for the insert. Plus the insert has all short of machining marks which also tell me it not part of the final design a part like that would be formed not machine since machining is too time consuming and costly. It maybe a insert for a plastic injection module for a case.
I said this an other thread, technologies fails when you have to learn how to use every time a new version or update comes out and the TV remote is a classic example of a technology failure along with pre-iphone cell phones. when the first remote came out it was simple to use and then when down hill from there. The apple remote return to what was one simply.   The majority of engineers fail to understand this, and their solution to a problem if to add another button that...
M$ made a product stuck between two world, and so is many other PC companies. They see their computer sales dying and no one has come up to an Ipad alternative. Google screwed them all, and M$ seems to want one platform no matter what you are doing.   M$ is also stuff only marketing against Apple they can not attempt to market against their partners of they will be the death nail.   There will be a group of people who will buy this stuff, but it will not be a hit. 
If the apple logo is part of the phone, it suggest to me that phone is plastic, you do not have logo insert like that for a metal phone.
Well you summed up nicely what I was saying in a long winded way. I have told a number of people who all have older kids now and they all said the same as you, learn about you kids first hand. I do not know this as fact but I suspect Nest will be mining all this data, the question will be where will all this data or analysis of the data end up. You know researchers we love to get their hands on this kind of data on every aspect of a babies day. But is here is the rub on...