or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

if that is true I am kind of surprise they did not fix that exploit quickly, I was expecting Apple to release an update once I heard about the new jailbreak.
  You are correct and this is one of the things that has been in the back of my mind since I hear Apple made this investment. Back in the 80's the any product going into space with electronics in them were build with a technique called Silicon on sapphire. This was done for a number of reason, one was heat dissipation. The other reason, it protected the devices from solar rations or what they call gamma particle hits. It basically harden the device against being rendered...
This state alone tell it all if this is in fact true.  This goes to the point I have always made about books they are not a commodity and thus not subject to free market pricing, It always comes down to how may the author/publisher wants for a book and what the consumer is willing to pay. Amaizon is trying to make books a commodity. They want to drive up demand there by driving up supply. publishers know if you over produce the price will be driven down. They fight to over...
I hope all these companies, who are making these mock ups so they can design and sell their products when the new iphone comes out, get it complete wrong and have to scrap all their cheap stuff. In reality even if they are wrong they will try and sell it to idiots who do not know any better.
Car companies move so slow that google is too late, if most of the big company have already begun working with iOS they are not about to change since it required all kinds of approvals to develop a car an implement new feature those company are most likely committed Apple for a good long time. They are not going to offer users android of iOS, it will be iOS and Android will have to wait or wait to someone hacks it into a car.   Also notice most of the companies on the...
Google is really taking to the heart the concept that your have will lots of failures before you have a success.
Let also keep in mind when Google bought Motorola, they kept them as a whole own subsidiary just like Nest. they also put in place google insiders to make sure Motorola did what they wanted. Your not 100% correct that Motorola did not sue anyone when they were owned by Google, they did not sue any new companies they continue there activities against Apple and add more suits on. Google was quite aware of Motorola attempts to coerce Apple to signing all the Iphone rights...
As I predicted with Google/Motorola which was they would be out of the cellphone business in 2 to 3 yrs, Nest will be just a dried wet dream spot on Larry's pants in another 18 months.   Yes I would say google got caught, as I said above, they never expect Apple to take the approach to allow any hardware/software company get in to the home automation game. I said this before as well, home automation is a mess, hard to impletement and deal with all the various standards...
Yep it a desperate attempt to counter what Apple is doing. Apple just marginalize them to be another device hanging on the wall, one of many which you will be able to buy in the market place in the coming years. Apple just destroy the only thing which differentiated them from everyone else in the market.   Can you say another $3B down the drain.
Here is what happen, when Google Bought Motorola and before they dump Rubin they hand over all android related development activities to group of Motorola engineers, this group was different than the ones who turn out the MotoX and its variants . Then when Google sold Motorola to Lenovo they told this same group of engineers that were going with Lenovo and could not stay with Google.  Then Google bought Nest and we have this story. What Google is doing with Hardware is...