or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

This is why Apple is killing the competitors, one phone for all markets, unless Samsung and others who has a number of different phone for the various markets, it a supply chain nightmare.
For those who do not work for a High Tech Company and never signed and NDA, this is not unusual, there is always a penalty like this if leaking information the size of the penalty is usually associated with the size of the business you doing with them or perceived value of the information that is being shared. The bigger the number the more teeth the agreement has. This ensure Management tells it employee they can not speak to anyone about what they are doing. BTW the...
I have to admit this time he not trying to mess with Apple, if just trying to use Financial Engineering (buying stock back) to help drive up the stock prices. Usually he more interested in destroying companies for short term gains.  I believe this letter is not to Apple other than buy back more stock, bit it is gear toward the entire investment world tell them they got it wrong why else would be put at risk Billions of $ making him the single largest investor, as such he...
yeah AI updated, it was bundle deal.
Actually it may make sense, why it allows apple to play around with this business model in a country with their core business does not exist. If it not liked, it will not be seen as a big failure as if they had done it in a major market like the US. Content ownership is less an issue in India as it is in the US. China is another good market to try this out, but everything in China is controlled by the government.
Okay I am not making excuses for IDC, however I believe they are justifying not including ipads in PC sales since Apple themselves do not consider ipads a computer but a consumer electronic product. All the other companies selling tables call themselves a computer company. These idiot on the research company follow these strict definitions. This all does not matter since IDC continue to come out with numbers prior to any company reporting their numbers. They just pulling...
Now that is possible since apple pay could cause problem with Paypal and the fact Samsung is starting down the slippery slop of being irrelevant in the cell phone business and his new pet project at Paypal got in the race with a lame horse.
not quite he force the break up of pay pal and ebay because of the two different business models why would he push two different business models together.
Actually and I will try and find the information. The AZ plant can not produce enough sapphire for all the iphone alone, it may be physically big enough but lack one important thing, power. Someone did the calculation base on the spec of the sapphire furnaces that GTAT builds and their stated output capacity, it would require AZ to install a small Nuclear power plant to just supply the facility with enough power to run all the required furnaces. Also there is no AZ PUC...
I can not believe people are still stating the i6 was going to have sapphire, there is no evidence of that, if anything thesre is all kinds of information it was never going to happen. The deal as we now know was for the watches, high end watches have been using sapphire for decades. The issue Apple has is supply of sapphire, if you are going so ship millions of devices a quarter the current supply base for sapphire can not handle it. This is the reason for the deal with...