or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

yeah another bad purchase, facebook is looking very desperate there. They bought a geek toy with no real everyday use for the everyday consumer. I think Mark is trying to be like google by inventing in technology for the no other reason that it looks cool. I am so glad I took my proof off the table before he started pissing away the money.
Actually it is not, all I said is the pay to pull someone out of a competitor is not what the person is worth or value of doing the job they do, it is the value of slowing your competitor down. To put numbers around it, if the engineer was making $50K at apple and Google offer him $200K to leave, they person is now not worth $200K nor is the job is doing has a market value of $200K. the $200K the cost Google is willing to pay to slow Apple down. The FTC is claim that...
So apple now claim copyrights on someone who recorded them demo of the old HP building they are tearing down...   Did not know you can claim ownership to video of your building being destroyed.
First, and this has happen in the past, and long before this happen, if you want to slow a competitor down hirer their best and brightest and offer then ungodly money to make them leave, it not about what the person is worth but what it is worth not to have them working for the competitor. No company want to be in a pay escalation war to try and keep good people. So I so not believe companies where trying to keep wages down, but keep them form skyrocketing because of the...
The conversation was more about Comcast blackmailing Apple, something along the line of if Apple does not pay like Netflix then Comcast will throttle any streaming content from Comcast customer to anything Apple.   Remember USSC stuck down network neutrality, service provider can not allocate bandwidth as they like.
I personally do not believe Apple which close a deal with Comcast. To put in perspective for those who are not familiar with how the whole cable industry works. Comcast is like Verizon when the iphone was in development, and TWC is like Cingular(AT&T). TWC is forward thinking and willing to do new things, they were not stuck on this how they always done things in the past so they are willing to give Apple's ideal a chance and see what happens. Worked out well for AT&T as...
Most likely this is already in use, they talked about this with Maverick
Consumers are idiot face it, higher numbers are always better don't people know that already....   Apple has never played the specmanship game, yeah it cost them in the 90's since consumers mostly did check list buying, they would buy the product which had the most amount of features in the check list at the lowest cost. Apple change the game in the 2000's to it all about the experience not about the bits and bytes, MHz and GHz and the list goes on.    Only Geeks worry...
The Fools and his money are soon parted....   Really how many time do people have to be told, never ever click on any links in an email, go to the actual website and long in. How hard is that to remember.