or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

Thanks typo police but the typo was so bad it should have been "Attack other Systems" like denial of service attacks. Also back in the 80's and 90's and I am not going to research the specific, there were individuals who hacked into government systems and use them for other means and they were arrested and went to jail for what they did. Yes, Apple agreed to set up icloud servers in China, to warehouse Chinese user data. This was done for lots of reasons, one was the fact...
I love this quote from Samsung  Meaning, Research please do not make this public, call us so we can keep a hat of this issue, otherwise you making us look bad.
Not to say someone didn't screw up when they approved the samsung product based on what others security experts found. However, no know what version of the Samsung software was approved by the Government, they may have a special version for them. I think this is the issue that Apple is having getting theirs fully approved across of department of the government are not going to make them a special version.
Say the Chinese government was behind it, how it they much different that the US Government collecting information on everyone worldwide.   Also keep in mind that Hackers in the US have hacked into US government computers and networks to use them to attach out systems. The US government does not want to talk about that.   This is what Apple decided to put Chinese users on Chinese servers, verse put them in the US, this way if the China government want to spy on its...
I have not been to Europe recently so I can not say for sure, however, many of the new POS terminals do not make it obviously they support NFC, like the older style one like this  The new ones look like this and it not obvious as I am finding out, The only way you know for sure is if the NFC symbol flash on the LCD display. Not sure why they are not making it more prominent like on the older devices. These will support chip in pin or NFC and pin, you could use this with...
Again this does not surprise me since the US is only modeling what the EU has had for a while. Everything is in place to make this happen world wide, All the banks need to do is allow the tokenization, they back end systems probably need some updated to allow this. Apple probably and wisely decided to work with the US first since they had more work to do to make it work and US is its largest single market.  People keep thinking that Apple is doing something unique with NFC...
Actually maybe no, from they I read and doing a little reading between the lines, The equipment will be sold to someone, who, most like a company capable of running the equipment, like Corning. The price most likely will be set at cost, GTAT can them pay off it vendors and get out from those obligations and they can movie forward with their other business. Apple will out some money, but apple may be the one who buys the equipment since they could then control the selling...
This does not surprise me, it the system has the NFC and EMV in the POS terminal and the transaction is being router back to the US or through a US based bank or CC company it should work. It no different then using you CC mag strip over seas, I travel with my US cards and they work overseas even though they are not NFC or EMV. The issue overseas is if your bank in the not a US company and is not part of Apple pay then it will not work in your counter or anywhere else....
you know the radio in a BMW does more than just play music, it handle some of the computer control functionality of the car.
yeah go check out youtube on people who installed  aftermarket systems  on cars with a manual trans only to find the car crashed into something.