or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

Well they are whacking apple in the after market it is already down $15 and the number have not come out yet.
Exactly, the fact the analysis are only focused on 1 product at Apple show they are one dimensional. They can not see the bigger picture. They keep saying Apple is not innovating, but they can not see to see past the end of their nose. The should be focusing on the ipad since that is will apple is killing the competitors and asking the competitors what the are going to do since Apple is killing them.
I am not sure how to read this report.   If you look at the touch map they provided for the phone it not only has an issue at the edges it has issues over most of the phone base on all the red dots. I am thinking something is fundamentally wrong. I think most would agree that Apple would not go from best to worst from one generation of products to the other. I also find it interesting that a whole group of people did not seem to think there was an issue and now that this...
First go talk to any company that Icahn did this to in the past where he gets some level of control over stock.  Then used this to influence what the company does, and before you know they management spends more time dealing with him than focusing on what the company should be doing. He claims to help company and he keeps staying he helped so many companies but never cite any examples of a company which is far better today because he was a concerned investor. He destroyed...
As I said this is going to get bad for Apple, Instead of management focus on getting new great products into consumers hands, they will be wasting time dealing with Icahn.   His move will just drive up the % of what institutions will own and giving them more power to drive apple to do what they want which is make the metrics look good so they can manipulate the stock price more. There was time where the market drove companies to split their shares so that the same...
This is bad for Apple, Icahn is only interested in lining his pockets, the fact he suggest Apple go into debt if needed to to buy back more stock more quickly proves that. He does not care if Apple is making the right investments with its money or whether the company is doing all the right thing to grow the company, he is only interesting in making sure the stock value goes up. As we seen there is a much larger group who have been trying to drive the stock value down as...
What M$ is failing to understand is that most users do not need the full power of office anymore. Most people are casual users of word processing and spreadsheets. Yeah iwork is water down form Office but who cares, any tablet is a water down version of a laptop, again who cares. What matter is the ipad and it software delivers what people need, it is not over kill. M$ does not want to face the fact the majority of the users do not want or need the full power of Office...
Remember when considering what Wall Street consider as important.   If your not making making money then you have to sell more than another else and have the largest market share. Thus give up profits for shipping more than anyone else. If you're not doing that then you better have higher margins than anyone else. Selling less if okay as long was your margins are higher than anyone else.   The problem is Apple sits in the middle of these two paradigm which analysis...
It is simple, if you want to sell your product in someone else's store you have to follow their rules. No different than any brick and mortar store that have been around for 100 years, You can not walk in their store and set up your own shop or direct customers within their store ways from their store to buy your competing product at some other location. Again if you want to sell product your own way apple and no one else is stopping you, just go get your own store and...
What I find funny is all the people who do not understand this and think is okay to set up your own store within a story and also think what Apple is doing is illegal or constraint of trade or something similar.   This is no different than any store in america or elsewhere who sells products, they will not allow anyone to just walk in into their store and set up their own operations to sell the exact same products as the store owner. If this company wants to sell music,...