or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

This person did a very good job of summarizing what happen. The real question is whether Apple realize during the negotiations where this was all heading. From the looks of it, they were taking advantage of a situation, but the fact that Steve wanted all the book sellers on board at the beginning may have put the nail in this. If this was done over a period of time then it may have been different. However, I have always argued, book are not a commodity and they are not...
This is all too true, I have always said and now research is coming up to back this up, when someone is professional, Like Lawyers, Doctors and Judges along with other professions, when they make a mistake or are found to be wrong they will never admit it, whether they know it or not. There is a reason, if they say they are wrong it calls into question everything they ever done and will do going forward. They can not afford to admit they made a mistake it shows a sign of...
To you point, Google is still ridding high on high growth opportunities, They have not hit the Wall Street lumps in the road. When Wall Street turns on Google as we have seen them turn on Apple and other companies watch that they do, that statement will get toss in a second and they will be do exactly what Steve Jobs refuse to do but now Cook has to deal with, spending more time dealing with Wall Street than running the business at hand. Steve never went to a customer to...
I did not say that it may not be beneficial, but too many company spend money on ideas which never see the light of day in any practical sense.  If you do not believe me, go to any number of government research lab websites which US tax payers have paid for and they have a long list of research idea that have put time and money into and they are advertising these ideas are open to anyone who wants to license them, and very few have takers why, the list is long but mostly...
You know Google is starting to look and feel like another company we all know about, Xerox who spent billions on research ideas and failed to capitalized on them since it was not core to their business. Google and Amazon and others need to stop talking about great ideas and actually deliver on the idea and make real money from the ideas. The idea is only good as people's willingness to buy and the money you can make from it.
it is china, it is not dangerous no one is allow to step out of line in public. Plus what could anyone do there, they are not allow to own dangerous weapons like here in the states. Yeah I know once in a while they have a crazy person trying to stab people with a rice cutter.
First Question, when have we seen long lines at any service provider store in the US after a launch, all the crowds were usually at an apple store not the cell phone store. Why is this the case, Apple has fraction of stores than the service providers have. In NYC there is 3 Apple stores, how many stores does AT&T and VZ have in NYC, a couple of dozen each.   I suspect the same is true in China, the service provides have way more stores than Apple. The crowd at any one...
Not sure but it could be like Samsung, they channels are stuffed but are people really buying. I see their product showing up in a number of places but do not actually seeing people walking up and buying them.
I will add to this story, Motorola was Unix workstation company, and one of the very first company to deploy Mac across the company and they got a new IT person who ripped out all the Mac and Unix work stations and replacement with PC, and we now know the story of Motorola who was the inventory of Cell phone communications in the US. I bet is someone spent the time and look at what M$ cost companies in real $ and lost opportunities people would be surprise that is for...
simple look at the company he is coming from, they have lots of the same issue as M$ has. M$ needs and I hate to say this, 2 CEO, on who can manage the cash cow, and another to think about the future and move them forward. That will not happen, they will keep trying to find a person who is already a CEO and give him/her the job and hope they can fix it. Most likely you will see more than one CEO in the next 5 yrs.