or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

yeah they all suck, but they do not care, the Cost of the DVR in your home is too high for them so they want it gone. They claim to have a solution, but it filled with issues. I have Netflix and it nice during the week, get high quality, come the weekend and i can see them drop the quality down since the bandwidth drops so they give you a low grade stream to ensure it does not stop. The network DVR will do the same things, when it records it actually records multiply...
Yeah I lived in a town in PA which we were the absolute last place to get FIOS because the town want them to sign the same Franchise agreement that Comcast signed on the 90's. It had a tax provision on internet access which the telecom act of 1996 out laws so no state and local government were not allow to tax your internet connection like they do for cable TV. This has to go to court since the town believe FIOS was no different than Cable. Also, VZ is kind of a special...
i was thinking the same thing, when they said they both sides would have inside legal counsel there. It was probably more of the lawyers whispering things in their ears. I would like to believe if Steve was still around, he would have told the lawyers to leave the room and Steve would have just explain how he was going to use his $160B to burn them.
Again, another law to protect people from their own irresponsibility. Most of the people I know who had a phone stolen, did not have a second one stolen, why they learned their lesson the first time. But there are still a few I run in to who had their phone stolen a few times and when you meet them you understand why.   I like the face the Apple has the find my phone feature along with the ability to lock and disable the phone, but it does not need to be a law, If the...
Keep in mind the 3 largest guys in this market are being pummel by the market and the guys at the bottom who are showing small amounts of growth are looked on as new sweat hearts of Wall street..   Typical Wall Street it is all about market share but when you achieve that goal they reward you buy sticking your stock down and say you are now a target of the smaller cheaper guys.
it is call network DVR, it is being done today, the content will no longer be stored in your house on a drive but in a server farm with lots of storage.
You know why they have to get approval, it is because they have to put cables in and use public access and right aways to do so, and states like to tax this stuff.  However, the fiber and coax is already installed and you and your IPS already pay these fees and taxes, the government does not tax the content you watch or method you use to get that content. I have DirecTV and they did not have to get approval to allow me to install my dish, grant it states attempted to block...
Just because Roku app is limited to only TWC cable customers, who's limitation is that, TWC or Roku. As I said in theory you can live in California and become a TWC subscriber for Stream Content via itunes on ATV there is nothing barring that form happening. All TWC has to have is the rights to stream content. I am aware of some geographical limitation some operators have. But if you live near me, I have FIOS, Comcast, Directv Dish, and they all provide same content and...
Simple, TW already has agreement in place with all the content owners, so apple does not have to do a separate deal, and get content after the fact like Netflix and Hulu do. All Apple is doing is providing the user experience and TW will provide access to all the real time content.
you can not get FIOS because VZ does not feel your area has enough disposable income. VZ is only targeting markets which the high concentration of high income earners. I live in the North Easy the home territory of VZ and they pass up neighborhood on one side of the road to install on the over side of the road which people who make more money. They are not interesting in the people who want basic services.