or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

is that true, if so then what I said about her sticking around until she collects a bonus did not make sense especially with a stock split coming.  I do not want to be negative, but I am curious how the market is going to spin this all to be bad. The market does not want to see Apple to grow that is for sure.
Just so people know, when a company uses or buys another companies IP, it is not unusual for the selling/giving company to indemnify the purchasing/using company if some sues them over their use of the IP. The fact Google is willing to pay Samsung costs for the IP that Apple is suing Samsung over is not unusual. Also, the purchasing company does not automatically get indemnified, they would have to ask for it, and Google most likely did not offer this to all their...
What people failed to understand other than the Personal computer Apple has not develop entire new market, which some people think will have with the so called iwatch. The ipod was just an extension of portable music player industries, The market size was well know and you knew how many people bought music players of some sort or own music content in various medium. The same goes for the iphone, cell phone was a well understood market so it could be determined how much...
Apple also had there own people from inside the company who claimed it cost them sales, and they probable could show sales figures, Apple used outside people to valid the numbers, whether right or wrong, Samsung is just using no industries expert and funny math. As it was already said, juries are funny and you never know which way it will go, they could ignore the experts and rely on apple own information and say apple lost sales at the hands of samsung due to the market...
Notice that Samsung is only bring in experts from universities, why not any industries experts who actually have real world experience making and selling product and knows the real value of a product. Verse hiring a bunch of arm chair quarterback who are can analysis the data verses actually playing the game.
Apple may have a few fights on their hands with a iwatch name. http://www.iwatch365.net/ That is another Chinese company who have been using a similar name in the wristwatch market for a while they do market research in China for watches. They could argue that apple iwatch could create confusion in the market place. They also been using the name since 2006 long before the whole Apple iwatch thing came about.
   So what % of the world population buys luxury watches, and do you know the world watch market is about $10B which includes the luxury brands, So what % of this market is Apple looking to capture, or do you think they grow this market segment form $10B to $20B or maybe more. Here is the market share by revenue, so who do you think Apple will displace or knocked down. BTW China is now the #1 purchaser of Luxury brand watches.  Notice in this chart that most of the...
Actually, I have seen people in China paying $100 a knockoff Rolex's there are plenty of people willing to pay $100 for something that is suppose to look like $5000 product. Do not kid yourself other companies will not attempt to knock off what Apple is doing especially if it is successful or becomes some sort of status symbol.
Actually I have written code and choose not to do it a career, however, I do on a daily base deal with product which include lots of software and and involved in licensing agreement for that software and deal with OSS requirements as such. By the way what Apple use in the back office to run their business is not what I am talking about, I am talking about what they are selling and making their Billions on. two different applications and totally different IP risks...
my point was they come in copy what works and drive value out of the market.