or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

To your point, I too have been using GPS systems for a long time, my firsts dates back to the 90's. What you describe I have seen on a stand alone GPS units as well as on an Andriod phone of various models, it does not happen all the time but for some reason the system gets bad or corrupt data and tries to triangulate on that data. Depending on the system they respond to this in different ways. I have seen the location jump from one point to another or spin around unclear...
Actually the phone is using 1 or 3 method to figure out where the phone is, first is simple cell tower locations, if are connected to the tower and that has a known location the phone can approximate your locations, next it will use a WiFi signal since those may have a location based on a database that apple and other companies have collected, Lastly is using the GPS which is going to triangulate your exact location with in a few feet. Apple most likely has an algorithm...
Wow there must be a lot of trust fund babies in the world. If you think that was the case and in the US we have 99% complaining about the 1% with the money. Apple should only have 1% of the market share then since the 99% are not spending money like the 1% are or so they claim. I put this way, most people who will buy cheap fail to understand quality and will be destine to always have no money since they have the buy the cheap product 10 times over since it breaks all the...
Just another example of people focusing on things that do not mater. For those who are relaying on an iphone to make your house level or keep you from getting lost in the woods, you deserve to live in a crooked house and be lost in the woods.   There is a saying which is true in this case, use the right tool for the right job. Remember the fact the phone can do these things was never its intended purpose, therefore, The fact the phone can do these thing makes it good...
I am not sure why anyone is surprised with what WSJ puts out.    You have to remember that most journalist fail to understand math and science thus the reason they went into the liberal arts. They can not do, so they write. They lack the ability to critical think, analyze and problem solve and therefore you get a story made around fantasies and made up information. They are story tellers not a conveyor of facts, and are the same people who thinks the world if coming to...
I am sorry these watched do not look much better than the digital watches of the 1980's. For those too young to understand, consider yourself lucky you did not have to wear one. These failed, why because they lack any sense of style and the batteries would not last. My current watch the batteries last a good 3 yrs and I have a self winding one which I never have to worry about it being without power. And you can not compare a watch to a sports bio-metric monitor,...
Well Nintendo could have just ported their games over, but no they were stuck in their game/hardware business model. Rovio did if for them and will be making the money (somehow) verse Nintendo.
 I agree with your assessment of the situation, but I really think what you see going on is the law firm is denying any wrong doing and will continue to deny doing anything wrong. Their comment about Samsung should not be held responsible since they have no idea they were not allowed to know what was in those agreements is basically saying that if the law firm did screw up they really screwed up since they did not tell Samsung they were not to have access to that...
First most of you kill me with your comments.   Second I had the Motorola phone with the finger print ID on it, I like the idea lots since it allows you the unlock the phone quickly especially while driving since you could not use voice command without the phone unlocked. With that said, it sucked, it did not work all the time, no rhyme of reason to why it worked some times and not others. I suspect that Android was too busy doing some sort of background task to realize...
 They also do not allow WiFi sync when the introduced the icloud sync if you using the latest version you have to sync through those service. I do have a long and random master password, however, it can easily be crack once someone has the file. When the article said it not easy, they mean someone could not do a brute force attach and gain access, but if someone can get their hands on the actual file it make cracking easier since you can use a computer to analysis...