or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

Yeah everyone is arguing whether people of a certain age know what airplane mode is, and they missed the whole idea that the only way find-me works is you have to have cell service at the time when you log onto Mobile me and ask it to locate the phone, if the phone is off at the time it says it can not find the phone. I played with the feature a number of times so I seen how it works and does not work. I never seen it report it last known power on location, I tested this...
I have been in a number of them myself, it is not that automation is not allow, it just not allow to replace a human worker that is all, if the task can not be done by a human then the government allows it. They will also allow it as long as there is human involved with the machine. One time I visited 4 factories, one in mainland china, one right outside hong kong, and another in Thailand and last one in Korea. They all produce the exact same end product, and their cycle...
Okay, this is definitely a joke, but could be real you never know with people, however patents run out after 19 yrs so edison estate would have no claims. But this does show where things stand today in the industry.
That is probably true, apple is now in bed with them and has to play somewhat nice, these other service have yet to deal with the legal issue. The only thing going their way is the recent case where the courts held they you do not have to have two different license to hold content on your HDD or Cloud as end user. The music industry tried arguing that cloud storage required the cloud owner to have a license to allow consumers to back up their music to the cloud service.
Actually that is by design, the cars outer shell is design in a way to shatter, in the case of car going 200MPH you want the energy to be absorbed and dissipated not transfer to the driver. So ridge and strong is bad from an impact stand point, flexible & pliable is what you want. Today all cars are design to just crumble and fall apart as they are impacted this helps dissipated the energy and reduce the impact. Remember speed does not kill the sudden stop that does. Same...
See my comment above yours, you do not get it, no US company and produce product at such a low cost of labor as china. Also, Microsoft and the Movie studios produce nothing in China, it has not stopped China from copying their products.
The people buying this stuff have no clue, they buy of street vendors and at flee markets. Honestly, i am not sure if these people are plain idiots, or they are so cheap they buy it knowing it is a knock off just so they can make people think they have money to buy the original.You do not understand how China works, it is simply a job program, their goal is to have as many people working as possible, they do not allow automation to the extent that a human can do the job....
Many of you make some good points about whether the Bada phones will sell or not, and how it may or may not depend on available apps and all. There is such a small percent of consumers who are truly brand loyal especially when dealing with the consumers who are only worried about price and are feature check list buyers. This is true for apple as well, only those consumer who have expendable income will always buy apple all the time. Most Cell phone consumers are only...
It is kind of funny watching all this unfold, as Apple chugs along and basically competing against themselves at this point in the game. It is basically their game to loose, everyone else is fighting it out for what is left and no one seems to know what to do to makes themselves successful. Just because a company can sell a product and turn somewhat of a profit does not mean success, since at some point they will become irrelevant and die, if you compare them to...
I find it interesting none of you notice that Apple plan to use the "App Store" trademark without having ownership over it. Do not kid yourself that Apple did not know someone trademark it and had the URL for it. I bet when they did the normal trademark search they found salesforce.com owned it and when Steve was told he either called and asked for it or personally invited Marc Benioff to come to the announcement knowing full well they owned it and Steve figure Marc would...