or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

Agree, but profits are what is used to determine how much damages you pay. If ford was able to sell more cars because of that feature and made lots of profits than that is what is used. To your example, if Ford made $100 profit on ever car sold with that feature and they were some how able to determine that the wiper feature was only $0.02 of the profit then the patent holder can only collect damages on the $0.02 times the number of cars sold. It does not work that way,...
Exactly, Data plans make money for service providers and all the current data says iphone users use more data than the Android counter part. Service provider have a love/hate relationship with Apple, they hate them since Apple makes all the profits on the phone and the extras and Apple maintains direct contact with the customer. They love them since they make lots of money off data plans, and as far as I know other than the ipad, there is not pay as you go with data, it...
You make a good point, software in some regards can be timeless, its value can go far into the future, unlike most hardware which has relatively short useful life. For anyone know the original Apple software could be in the OSX or iOS. I know the original mac use apple II code, such as Woz's floppy disk controller software. For all we know it could still be in current version of OSX. 
First does anyone think that Samsung  That are saying that only made $5 per phone sold. if that is true then all the profits they are claiming now are over in flatted. They must be making all those billions doing something else, Maybe they are laundering money for Walter White.
As we all know, the analysis has defined Apple market as all people buying a cell phone. If you ask Apple who their market is, they have a completely different view of this. The analysis are attempting to cut the data in various ways to tell a story. Even they can not cut it how Apple defines its market. I think most people would agree Apple is not trying to sell a phone to every person looking to buy a phone. They are only interested in the people with the willingness to...
The math is simple people, You add together the profit each company makes so that is the total (Company A + Company B + Company C+ ect) then you take each companies profits and divide by the total, and you get a %.    You are saying since some companies numbers are below zero they should not be added or negative numbers should not be allow when adding up the total. There is nothing in the math that said you are not allow to add a negative number to a bunch or positive...
First it is Italy folks, it is not the cradle of business ethics that is for sure.   They went after apple about the warranty issue and now they are claim tax fraud, next it will be murder.....
Not that I do not believe Motorola can make a good phone, but again they marketing to check list buyers, people who buy on price only and add up the check marks to see if it has more of something that other companies offer. Motorola is not really targeting Apple. They said it publicly they are not trying to take on the premium spaces, why because apple owns it with its entire ecosystem. Motorola is targeting Samsung in the mid range. There is no good solutions there, and...
First, the IDC report just represent how statistic can be made to tell a story which is just a lie.    Next, nice analysis of picking apart the number and showing what it all really means.   More and more I see the numbers and what is happen, I think google somehow got everyone to buy in to their reality distortion field that if they blanket the earth with android products that everyone involved, (Manufactures, Developers, Service Providers, Content Owner and...
Yes, Apple had a number of buildings on Bandley drive, and I believe that was the originally building that worked out. They eventually took over all of Bandley drive along with Valley Green Dr through out the 80's