or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

yeah Motorola is not paying it bills, google ad $ are paying Motorola's Bills. Keep in mind Motorola is still a separate company form Google so it is responsible for itself. I believe if you looked into their other purchases it is probable also true, they buy looser not revenue generators. But you can hide this fact as long as the Mother ship is making money. BTW Motorola phone business has been loosing money since the end of 2005 they are coming up on 9 yrs of losses...
Yeah it works for apple as well.  But look at what apple buys and their reason is not because they can not do it. This is one of the fundamental issues the investment community has with apple, they are not using their money to grow their business. Wall Street would rather see apple buy companies to grow market share to expend into other markets or (new revenue channels). They buy a solution to make their products better and reduce time to market on what they are already...
That is the exact problem, the FTC has forced Apple's hand (wonder what is real back story) they have now reinforce the idea that people do not need to be responsible for their actions.
 Again kids should not have accounts of their own again be a parent it not like you give a kid a Credit Card and say go have fun. Until my kids can pay their own bills they only get what I buy for them or let them use. I have multiply iOS devices and one account and all apps are loaded onto the device, i never gave my kids free access to my accounts and never allow them free access to the itunes/app store. But then I never had $6000 bill. The only reason google gives kids...
 This fix was put in after it was found out parents failed to be a parent and watch over what their kids were doing with their phone. I suspect these same parent tried sueing apple when the kid deleted all their personal information and contact from the phone since apple did not prevent the kid from doing this without putting in a password. Yeah not to rehash the whole who's responsibility argument, but if your kid manages to rack up $6000 in fees than it is your own dumb...
google bought it, any company with more money than they know what to do can buy what they can not do themselves. 
Your assessment is probably close, however, who will you believe the guys who make up stuff to write on the web or the guy who actually knows the numbers. The only thing we know is Apple has never over or under inflated their numbers, they hardly say anything but to provide the accurate information.  The analysis, want-to-be analysis and anyone interesting in creating FUD are the only ones who make statements which are not accurate or completely made up.
Just wait... you can hear it coming... walls street is trying to figure out how to make positives into negatives here.    Honestly not that I would not like to see those numbers come true and make ever analysis look like an idiot once again, but i think those are hard number for apple to hit.
I have to agree with you, the market place is already crowded and NEST solution is no better than what others are offering they just made the device on the wall like like the old style round thermostat that have been around a long time. This space is way too complicated and required someone who understand what they are doing to automate a home. I have been doing this for 20 yrs and no two homes are exactly alike and you have to deal with home specific issue to make these...
Point well taken, and there is no reason why a device like this need to be routed through some cloud services. You should be able to communicated directly to it without any need to have someone acting as a proxy to our connect to the house. Personally I do not have an issue with a company having the information, it what they do with it. In this case NEST was most likely passing data through and I would like to believe they were not going to sell the information.  They...