or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

Not necessary true, more companies are now moving away from PCs. Working for a company who used nothing but PC for the last 20 yrs I am seeing more Macs showing up and these are not people bring in their own, it the company buying them for employees. With so many business systems going to a web/cloud base systems there is no need for a PC and PC only systems tools. Unless you running an application that has to run on a PC at your desk, there is no specific need for a PC...
the RPM of the drive does not matter as much as you think. It application dependent, if the application you are using is very data intensive and requires hitting the drive all the time and required the drive to seek to find the data then faster is always better, However if you are not hitting the drive hard and fast you will not notice the difference between 5400 and 7200. Yes on boot up when you're loading the memory up with OS and such you may see some performance...
yeah, but it tanked after the announcement and analysis are already saying the pricing is too high to take advantage smaller tablet market, not sure their assessment is correct but the market reacted to it.
it is the chimney effect that works well, the reason they do not need high power fans. As you know hot air raises so as the unit heats up it draws in cool in from the bottom.
well the market did not like apples announcement today, they kill the stock by 20 points. I am betting they were banking on $229 price point on the mini and that did not happen so they think apple is going to loose out here.
I know it looks like the removed the Optical drive but in some of the picture it is showing a slot. as if it still has the drive.   For those who said the optical drive is not needed, i would tend to agree, but having things back up to a CD or DVD is a fail safe, HDD fail and why pay for month storage in the cloud. They other issue is downloading program form the cloud has issue since if you have a problem with a new release and you can not tell me that it does not...
Knock another RIM strong hold down, I knew RIM would die, and figures it would be slow since it takes companies and government years to make up their mind to make a switch, but I did not figure it would happen this fast. The Government will not trust in Android since they will have to deal with multiply companies if hey buy into Android. The Government like one neck to grab if problems come up. RIM did it all so that worked for the government. In this case Apple does it...
Honestly, when the sources of the leaks are coming out of Asia and outside of Apple control what can they do. They probably threaten companies which never doing business with them again, and it that is the only company who makes the particular part for Apple then it is easy to say they let it leak, but in most cases Apple probably has 2 or 3 companies making the same parts.    But, taking it out on the employees will be a bad thing in the long run since at some point...
learn to read an annual report, that total is for all businesses which includes cell phone and TV and appliances which is the largest portion of their business, Phone alone made up about 40% of the revenue. The portion that Apple is buying from is a smaller part of the total business, however they bring in some of the largest margin $ for Samsung. Actual Apple and Samsung are about the same size in revenue, but Apple brings home more $ to the bank, which means Apple has...
yeah the sales are up because they are requiring it to be loaded on new systems. Unlike in the past when people could refuse the window 7. Just recently new computer at my work was coming with window 7 since the PC guys will no longer load XP. If we could still get XP we would not have moved to 7 that is for sure.