or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

When Elop left M$ to go to Nokia I said he was sent there to help M$ buy them, here we are 2 yrs later and Elop is now coming back to M$ with probably a big bonus for the sale of Nokia. At least M$ did not over pay as Google did for Motorola. M$ now have access to all the Nortel mobile communication patents as well and now all of the Nokia ones.    Google thought they had a strong position in the patent wars with the Motorola treasure trove, but the courts many them...
so you know whole 10% of the population who went for the bigger screen. How do you like have that big phone stuck to the side of your head.  
    Yeah security issues were caused by MS, they created entire industry around it due to their hack programming skills. Trust me I do not need security updates since I do not allow my computer to play in places which are infected. Also is the apps are on my computer it should not be messing around on the Internet itself (I block all apps from communicating over the Internet) However, my company seem all too intent in taking over my computer ever few weeks to installed...
You know I think you might be right, Google appears to have move on, which make sense, they are not letting their past decisions and investment dictate their future direction. This could be the reason people are leaving since internally it is not given the same level of importance it has in the past.   The only question is we all know Google makes its money in selling ad views, and as the world becomes more mobile oriented google has not won this war, and with IOS cut...
yeah but Steve Jobs had diner with Obama on one public occasion and a few rumor private occasions. Sometime it who you are friends with than the move you gave that means more.
Android is creating another market segment like the PC did in the 90's when connected to the internet. We will now have antivirus programs for mobile phones and a group of people in your small towns who you will need to pay to keep your phone from sending sexting messages to your entire contact list.
Yeah companies and HR are screw up on this whole topic. I worked for a start up back in the 90's (very successful one) and the company purposely went out an hire the best people and paid them very well. It grew to the level of about 1500 people in 5 yrs and they went out and hire a VP of HR since we were a "big company" now. The first thing this idiot did was make the management rank all the employees. Everyone was rank at the top of the scale as you would expect base on...
I am going to jump on your soapbox now,   I can not agree more, this whole cloud based applications suck. I hate to say I am too old to change, but in this case change is only in the best interest of the developers of the product. I am really tire of this whole notion you do not own the software, you only a user of its and at any time the developer can supposedly yank you right to use at any time. Just look at any web based tool or app out there, like gmail, how many time...
What a moron in the video. these people act like they have some sort of clue. First aluminum when it naturally oxidize form a layer over the surface called aluminum oxide, which is very hard and will protect the surface from everyday wear and tear so rubbing a quarter against should not scratch the aluminum, which you all saw in fact what you saw was the copper from the middle of the quarter rubbing off of on the aluminum oxide layer why, copper is very soft. The only...
As this guy pointed out, "women with short dresses will have to be careful around little boys with a this watch and a phone" for this reason alone this will kill this idea. It is another example of technology being in conflict with social norms