or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

I just find it funny, as it was said in the article, the phone companies caused this behavior, giving it away, hiding the real cost by building into the monthly costs and as one person put it, they hope you do not realize what you are paying and hope to sign up for more services.   So now they want you to pay full price for the hardware, which is not a really bad idea, but you also know they are not going to drop the month. This action is really geared toward Apple. They...
I see you have been on a recent camping trip with the Boy Scout, they have not progress vary far in their camping techniques.
Here is something a lot of people do not understand which was obvious from the surprise when people found out. When the Government pull the national Security trump card there is not a whole lot you can do even private businesses have no recourse. If the Government claims national security they can even grab US companies technologies and patents and freely license them to other companies if they feel it services their needs.   I worked for company who supplied products to...
I suspect this is hurting these companies businesses. If people continue to think the government is viewing their individual habits and activities as they like, people are going to be less likely to use these services and keep things in their homes verse on their servers.
what make you think the NSA does not have Big Blue. I believe the NSA has atleast one of every super computer made. It was well known they had a Cray Super Computer back in the 80's and 90's when they were top dog. Hell Apple had a Cray as well to help do the designs of the computer back in the early 90's
I know this is a nit with things like this, but it is a person item with me. These kinds of stoves which use wood deposit lots of carbon soot on your cooking gear which gets all over everything that comes in contact with your equipment. I know your out in the woods and things just get dirty, but have black soot over things is just a pain. Dirt easily cleans off things but soot does not.  I use to cook over a came fire all the time, and use to soap up the bottom of my...
I tend to agree that you have to take what is said with a grain of salt especially when someone have a business relationship with either side of a discussion.  Mueller is not a lawyer, but he was doing as many business people were doing when watching these cases which was interrupting what was being said and presented and trying to draw conclusions, right or wrong. He also was providing an expert opinion base on all your years of experience dealing with similar things. I...
As a person who has been backpacking since I was 14, and who has done it before all these technologies to help people, I can tell you do not need any of these things while in the woods. Is it nice to have, yes no doubt about it. Is it needed, absolutely not. I have spend anywhere form 3 to 10 days in the back woods only carrying what is necessary, more food than anything else since you can only carry so much weight. Most recently I been packing with my son and the boy...
To my point you are alone in your car, I use voice command with my phone as well in my car, but in my home I do not talk to my electronic, especially when people are around. Yeah my Dad had one of the first Motorola Brick phones and people use to look at him when he talked on at first he thought it was color since he looked like a big shot, but eventually stop since it was rude to be talking on a phone and not to the people around him. Even today, you see more and more of...
I suspect you are correct, but I bet when the water is actually boiling, the power out put drops thus the reason for the power meter they have built in.  Think about it, it take almost 2.5 hours to charge up a dead iphone, so that is a lot of waster fuel. Grant it you may not need to fully charge it, but you most likely looking at 15 to 20 minutes of boiling time to get the phone to a state that makes it usable.