or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

I have to agree with you, the market place is already crowded and NEST solution is no better than what others are offering they just made the device on the wall like like the old style round thermostat that have been around a long time. This space is way too complicated and required someone who understand what they are doing to automate a home. I have been doing this for 20 yrs and no two homes are exactly alike and you have to deal with home specific issue to make these...
Point well taken, and there is no reason why a device like this need to be routed through some cloud services. You should be able to communicated directly to it without any need to have someone acting as a proxy to our connect to the house. Personally I do not have an issue with a company having the information, it what they do with it. In this case NEST was most likely passing data through and I would like to believe they were not going to sell the information.  They...
What will probably happen is apple will need to assign their own lawyer to follow this guy around and when he talks to people they will have to advise them on how to answer the questions. From the sounds of it this guys is out fishing and looking for other things and he is probably very good at asking questions which do not have a good answer no matter how you answers, they are design to incriminate you and the company.
I think some already said it, why would you want to give google another access point into your home and what you do day to day. I think these are great ideas but have limits on who will buy and put these kinds of products in their home. If you starting from scratch then these home automation ideal can work nicely, but since most home in the world are not the same or build around any sort of standard that everyone follows it make these kinds of devices complicated at best....
Yep, exactly my point, they he let a design studio come up with the design it may look nice, but can it take a bullet like a Master Lock  But I will tell you there is a way to shot a master lock and make it open you just need to know exactly where to shot it.
well there is a reason these watches never left the 1980's, these new "Smart" watches do not look much better than this one.  
Too bad this market does not generate lots of revenue for Apple, if it did maybe the market would like differently on Apple because this alone was one of the drivers of iOS products with out this leg to Apple strategy they would not be doing as well as they are. This is definitely and enabler.
In this day and age you do not seen too many ideas which really improve upon an ideal that has been around long time. A lock just works, yes they are not perfect and a determine thief can easily get through a lock. If you realize a lock is just a deterrent to the normal honest person then this ideal is a great one. It is one of those obvious idea and surprise it was not thought of sooner when the blue tooth house lock was introduced.   Back to my point about it being a...
Anyone remember the wristwatch calculator, enough said on that topic.     For anyone who has tracked CES over all the years know that there are many products shown off here which never see the light of day, well they saw some day light before they hit the shredder. Most stupid product are shown off at CES than actually product that had any sort of real life application. This maybe the reason Apple and now MS has chosen to stay away from CES. Why show off your product at...
Definitely looks like the Motorola Lawyers screwed up on this one, it looks like their patent applications were not broad enough and Apple implementation was not the same as Motorola's. Something else to consider is Apple may have looked up all these patents and just designed around them which can be done if you understand the patent. The more specific a patent is sometime the easier it is to design around them.