or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

To make it very simple for people Apple already has this money in the bank account and collecting interest on this before they have to declare it as revenue for reporting purposes. The only thing I am not sure is whether Apple can defer the taxes on this as someone suggest. My educated guess tells me no, they are already accounting this for tax purposes.
 I am not saying you are wrong since I do not read Apple's 10K in that depth. Apple could be accounting R&D expenditure as they happen not amortizing them over time. I suspect they accounting for them as they happen, reason being the accounting of R&D activity would be too difficult to say this activity was specific to this product at this specific time. I work in R&D organizations who have done it both ways and to amortizing it we had to report our work each week and say...
Actually think about this way, after Dec 31 of 2013 Apple stop selling and did nothing, over the next 8 quarter it will show on the official books it generated $11.3B.
Those two statements are not accurate. Motorola was suing Apple long before Google got involved. Part of Google buying Motorola was they are required to FRAND licence and not sue competitors on SEP. The issue with Motorola and Apple today is the fact Apple has not paid Motorola a dime for the SEP patents which are required to pay in FRAND, the price is in dispute. The reason that Google has the restriction not to sue on SEP is the fact it was revealed Motorola was...
Looks like the Thermonuclear war has commenced. I bet Google had no clue Nortel had patents and such on internet searching and advertising. Hell Apple and company probably did not know since everyone was focused on the wireless patents and Google missed the white elephant in the room.   There are many companies who have patents which they do not bother enforcing since it is not core to their business and it looks like Nortel had a few and Apple probably instructed the...
I am willing to say most things you read no matter the medium or delivery method is not journalism it is great story telling.
Honesty how often do the see the spinning beach  ball these day. I hard see it anymore unless I have way too many applications open and it waiting to move memory around. They act like people see the spinning beach ball all the time. I think the blue screen of death is more appropriate.   As person who never shuts down his Mac and had it running for months if not almost a year just going in and out of sleep I can see Mac does not crash all the often, they get a bit slow,...
It looks like that are patenting a method to allow both a solar cell input as well as the standard AC/DC converter. Solar cell put out power differently then a wall adapter so the system would need to know how to deal with that on the fly.
Most of the Google and Samsung tables are showing up on Woot at discount, they can not sell them so they dump them on Woot
Why is this any surprise to anyone. We are all well verse in Apple and the industries Apple plays in. The number are pretty clear except for the ones analysis make up. Analysis are on focus on one and only one thing which is market share and failure to understand they company with the most money really wins. If they are playing this game with Apple which is extremely high profile and easy to see through the smoke and mirror, imagine what that do in other industries which...