or Connect

Posts by Maestro64

Speak to any kid, they will not wear a watch no matter what, Cook statement was accurate, your statement about transition from pocket to wrist was quick is inaccurate, it took decades for that transition to happen. Kid today see no reason for time keeping, and if they really need to know the time they look at their phones.   Cook also said single use wearables are good however combining multiply use into a wearable has been less then usable. He also said wearables do not...
Okay, if people are not using NFC payment or Google e-wallet to do mobile payment how are mobile payment hitting $235.4B in 2013, what mobile system are people using. The article said money transfer but those are not mobile payments. Unless they assuming a CC transaction is a money transfer and it is mobile because you carry a credit card on your person, well most people carry cash and checks too are those also included?
Actually it may not be legal to share anyone company's pricing with its competitors.  Usually the selling company usually have agreements in place which bar a buying company from sharing the purchase price with anyone outside the company.Thus tell company A that Company B was willing to sell you their product at $X.xx could get you into civil as well as price fixing trouble. But you are right I see very poor negotiators tell competitors what the other guys price is to...
What I find funny about this is the fact this happens every day right in front of everyone in companies public communications. It is illegal for companies to collude, however it seem like it is only illegal if it is done behind close doors or via email or phone calls.    Everyday companies broadcast public statement about what they plan to do as a business, such as hey we loosing money so we going to stop loosing money by cutting production and holding or raising...
In the EU not in every county has this law and the ones that do it is hurting consumers that is for sure, and you wonder why their economy is still sucking wind. In countries which have the tax and they  have DVR service the biggest DVR drive they can get from their service provider is 160GB, since the tax is close to 10 Euro. and the cable company pays this cost not the consumer since they do not buy the cable box. The taxes goes up more then double as the storage...
It is the pirating tax for those not familiar with this. Since the device has the ability to store content which could have been pirated or illegally copied or download, the manufacturers are required to pay a tax equal to the storage capabilities of the device. In the EU they feel that everyone should pay the cost of few who do illegal things. It most cases the content owner are getting paid twice if you paid for directly.
Not sure that is fact or what we all would like to believe. However, there are statements and some indications that it is fact and the people there are following the script. Even Cooks appearance on D11 appear to be Job's scripting. Cook used his words very purposely, just like Steve has in the past. However, there are also indications that Apple is making decisions for itself without Steve's consideration like the shuffling of management and getting rid of certain people.
Not only are we getting crap reporting these days, not they going to let those same crap reports trying and figure out how to take a picture with an iphone. I guess they will also being sending in their news reports via their iphones as well.   I sorry a large majority of people have no clue how to take pictures and even taking a picture which is relevant to want is going on. Case and point we had a small experimental plane crash where I live, the plan hit high...
Nuance is the largest holder of Voice Recognition IP, over the years they bough most of the competitors. Also Mototorol swipe technology for typing is based on Nuance technology. Yeah apple could have bought them for the IP, but Nuance has licensed most of it IP to everyone, not sure that is something Apple wants to deal with. Most of Nuance revenue comes from their licensing agreements.    When I hear that Apple was being sued over Siri it was kind of interesting...
Yeah I use kids in broad sense, I should have said tweens to 20-somenthings, they are setting the future direction of what will be popular.    Just because something cost $399 does not mean kids did not want it, kids are very good at getting the parents pocket books pried open. MacDonalds understand this very well, For a long time MacDonalds food was gear towards kids and kids are very good at wearing parents down into taking them to MacDonlds.    In the Marketing world...