or Connect

Posts by spiers69

howdy all, can anyone recommend any particularly wild macbok cases/gloves? im not after a bag, as i ride to uni and wear a backpack, so just a slim case i can stick in the backpack is fine i know the STM macbook gloves are meant to be good, but they're a pretty dull colour. if there are no serious alternatives ill settle for one also, is there anywhere you can get custom decals made for your macbook? i know you can buy them already made up, but im studying...
hmmm... im surprised it's not an option in the Dock prefs!
ok, no matter where i have my dock, i always seem to accidentally click on icons and open apps i didnt mean to. is there a way to set it up so that it requires double-clicking on an icon to open it? cheers = )
forget it guys, i got it!! = ) yay. took much trial and error, and even more perseverance!!
edit: i may have found a way round it myself (using a decent proxy and the Italian Beatport) will let you know if it's successful
hey all, i live in Australia. Recently ive stumbled upon the wonders of Beatport ( www.beatport.com ) however, being way down south, i seem to find that particular tracks aren't available in my region (due to licensing/distribution reasons). usually this is no big deal, as i can find the track on another label. however, ive now found a song i cant find *anywhere* else! ive tried other digital download stores, ive tried using proxies. is it possible that someone...
update: ive found the Terminal code to reveal all files in the Finder. it hasnt revealed anything interesting in regards to the Beeper app and ive also realised that Console isnt for editing apps. it's basically just a system log, yep? still open to ideas = )
hey all, ive recently downloaded a pretty basic sound effects app, Beeper 2.1 (< http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/14073 >) and id like to edit it a little. currently, the way it works is that it comes with 15 built-in sound effects. these are enabled by clicking on their respective button. id like to change it so that i can play my own 15 sound effects. now im pretty sure that it works by accessing hidden audio files, and each button simply...
hey all, my housemate recently updated her OS (to 10.4.x). she also updated iTunes to the latest version. the result is that when she tries to open iTunes, it auto-quits about two seconds later. im assuming some kind of iTunes system file is screwed. any ideas what to delete? Alternatively, how can i completely remove iTunes (and all the system files) and reinstall it? all her music is still there, and she doesnt use playlists or comments, so deleting her...
actually, if you could create some kind of hotlink for an indidual track, you could use Stickies. what i mean is: say you like a tune (eg "Communicate (Headquake Hazy Cloud Mix)" - chosen at random BTW) you then create a hotlink in stickies (dont know how, just theoretical) so you'd end up with a sticky note that works as a big list of your recent favourite tracks, and clicking on the hotlinks in the sticky note would play the tunes in iTunes. does that make...