or Connect

Posts by AgNuke1707

Maybe the UI is reversible, but at this point I have seen no photos from Apple with the crown and button on the left side of the watch.  Telling a left-handed person (such as myself) to just turn the watch around and "deal" is odd.  They make left-handed scissors because most scissors are molded for right-handed use.  Like the watch, I CAN (and COULD) use them in a way other than designed, but it makes for an awkward experience.  As an engineer myself, when I design...
 I can use my phone easily with either hand as well.  It has everything to do with the fact that reaching across the face to turn the crown completely obstructs the watch.  Even if Apple had UI inversion (and there is - as of this second - no confirmation that they do) for the watch, that moves the crown to the bottom of the watch case.  This might seem somewhat insignificant, but I doubt that a company as design-centric as Apple intended their shiny watches to be used...
I still think it remains to be seen where Apple's final manufacturing point will be in the US. Union labor is expensive ... even more so in California.  Any company - even one with the amount of money that Apple has - is going to be looking at the bottom dollar and how those increased manufacturing costs cut into their profit margin. Hell, investors and Wall Street went nuts when Apple went from 44% to 38% gross margin in the holiday quarter.  You think they'll like...
This is likely the beginning of a long, slow march to the gallows for Dell ... much like RIM (now BlackBerry). They've amassed a large following over the years and volume sales to companies, government agencies, and others have given them a large enough base to keep the afloat for at least a few more years, but it looks like it's going eventually close up shop (or get bought out by Microsoft).  When was the last time you saw someone using a Dell laptop or desktop that...
I've been an apple user and customer since 1995. I've grown up with the company - their products have enriched my life.  I've followed the rumors, the speculation, and the stock price from the $30's to the $700 high. Finally went long somewhere around $500.  I'll hold my pittance of stock because I've seen Apple fight back too many times before to believe it's best days are behind it. The problem is Apple is shitting gold in a world where investors expect platinum...
Sweet. Time to buy more stock and make more money. Thanks, WSJ!!!
Currently, the unlimited minutes would cost you $70 for the first line and $50 for each additional line.  On a family plan, you can pay $30 a month for unlimited text with mobile to any mobile calling.  Doing some math, what we see is that AT&T is basically waiving that $50 per line charge on the unlimited talk and charging you $10 / GB for your data in predetermined increments.  I don't necessarily have a problem with them charging for additional devices on the network...
  I think Time's Person of the Year isn't necessarily meant to recognize greatness as much as it is to pinpoint someone who had a major influence on the world - for good or evil.   You're right, though - Hitler was the TPY in 1938.  Other notable entries on that list include Josef Stalin (2x), Nikita Khrushchev, Richard Nixon (2x, in a row no less...), Ayatollah Khomeini, etc., etc. ... and of course, the root of ALL evil, Mark Zuckerberg in...
  It was an example, not meant to be real prices.  Yes, what I'm proposing is close to what they announced today, except it makes more sense to the customer. The following is how the cost breaks down for the new plan as opposed to the old:   Let's say you have two phone sharing a plan:   OLD Unlimited talk = $70 + $50 for an additional line Unlimited text = $30 3GB Data * 2 = $60 ----------------------------- Total = $210   NEW 6 GB Data + Unlimited Talk + Unlimited Text...
My wife and I are on a FamilyTalk 700 plan with 2 iPhones (1 Unlimited and 1 2GB plan) and unlimited texting with unlimited M2M.  It costs us $175 / month after taxes and fees.  People value simplicity and are willing to pay a premium for it - all of these new plans that AT&T has introduced in the 5 years since the iPhone has been around have made the landscape amazingly complicated.  Here's my pipe dream:   ALL PLANS INCLUDE: Unlimited voice Unlimited...