or Connect

Posts by AgNuke1707

Yeah, I read the Post article, and yeah, you're right, AT&T's plans are for text, picture or IM messages. I highly doubt that they're going to start charging extra for MMS if you already have a text package. I believe the article was mainly talking about tethering being an extra charge. Also, last time I had checked, AT&T charges a few pennies more if you send a MMS without have a messaging package. I think the Post just ran with a story without fleshing out any of the...
Oh Jesus ... you have to be kidding, right? Have you EVER owned a mobile phone before? First of all, subsidy isn't a theory ... it's a business practice employed by well, every wireless company in the world to have you play less for the hardware so you end up committed to a certain contract length and therefore are a constant revenue stream for them for the life of your contract. This is why you pay $175 or whatever it is to break the contract if you want to leave early....
Ars has a little bit more detail from AT&T ... looks like tethering is coming ... eventually. It also mentions that upgrade time varies by customer, and most Ars staffers that bought on launch day are also having to wait until December. Looks like if you're one of the unlucky ones, you're going to have to call AT&T and have them talk it out to you... Ars Technica: AT&T speaks on tethering, iPhone 3G S preorders, upgrades
Oh, I was being sarcastic, I very much agree that AT&T should have a straight-forward policy, and not just a "well if you meet certain conditions that we won't tell you, then you qualify". The thing is though, we're seeing how little control Apple has over AT&T in the long run. I think this is going to usher in the beginning of the end of AT&Ts exclusivity with the iPhone.Me, I've been an AT&T customer for nearly a decade, and I've been an Apple user for nearly 15 years...
People have answered this - no one seems to like the answer though. AT&T doesn't have a 12 month upgrade or an 18 month upgrade policy, their policy is subjective to how long you have been a customer and how much business you're doing with them. As stated earlier - it's a complex algorithm that mere mortals need not understand. Before the iPhone I tried upgrading phones on AT&T, and some warm-hearted customer service rep took the time to explain this to me. If I had been...
As cool as it would be for Steve to be the "One More Thing" and then have him give a quick hello and introduce the tablet Mac, I'm VERY doubtful that it'll happen ... mainly because I just don't think Apple is ever going to make a tablet Mac. Doing that, also puts Apple in an awkward position of having to push back the execs they've been touting as the future of Apple. They've survived two major announcements without him giving the keynote, and I think Phil and the rest...
Uhhh ... no. Seeing as how people flock to the higher capacities (a reason the killed the original 4GB early) I'm almost certain if they delayed anything it would be the smaller, cheaper versions. I'm also not quite sure if Apple leave the 8GB at $199. I'd LIKE to see 4GB for $99, 8GB for $149, 16 GB for $199 and 32GB for $299. That way Apple isn't seen as just adding more expensive models, then we have to listen to people bitch about how they're raising prices. Either...
And you sir have violated my patent that describes how to violate patents - you owe me $Texas ... yes, Texas with a dollar sign!!! Pay up ...
I haven't found anything yet for $0.69 ... This reminds me of when you deal with a bank - takes you no time at all to take money out of the account, but when money gets credited back or deposited, it takes 5 - 10 business days. Took no time at all to roll out all of the $1.29 tracks, but shit, those $0.69 tracks will just have to wait awhile. It should be a crime to charge $1.29 PER TRACK on a band's new album that has been irrelevant to music for nearly a decade ......
No way - I had no idea that Apple was selling parts of a garage ... and for $79 at that. Anyway, since you were probably trying to say that it's garbage, I assume you have some basis on which to make that statement other than your own blind hate. This just in ... only a Google tit-sucking fanboi would have any interest in Android ... it's utter trash. Why? Because I F-ING SAY SO!!!! See how easy that was???