or Connect

Posts by AgNuke1707

Okay, so I have a couple of problems I wanted a second opinion on... 1) I have a my home wireless network set up to run from a D-Link Modem through a D-Link wireless G router. I have an iMac connected to the router via ehternet and the iPhone, MBP and Wii connected through the wireless. For some reason, certain sites don't like to come up a lot of the time when I'm running off my home network ... Ars Technica is a big one, and any downloads hosted at Cachefly ......
Eh, it's cool ... I bought the iMac G5 three days before they moved it to Intel - I didn't think it'd move over so fast since they had just updated it, but oh well. I decided to keep it anyway and I've enjoyed it. The good news is maybe in like 30 years my 4 GB iPhone will be one heck of a collectors item. If I didn't already have more than enough iPods, I'd seriously consider getting the iPod classic for the storage, but oh well - my credit card is still hurting from...
Pretty exciting announcements, but I have to say that I am majorly pissed about the iPhone announcement. I bought a 4GB iPhone about 2 months ago, and now it's gone - really Steve ... why release a product that you're going to kill in a matter of months. Why didn't you just hold the iPhone until well - today. No significant updates for the iPhone since it's release, other the WiFi store today and the stability updates. Really, really frustrating ... other than that...
I wasn't excited about Bonds passing 755, and I don't really enjoy baseball all that much, but I paid attention for a few games because of it. I think anyone who truly loves sports can see the importance of a record like that being broken. Even if it was broken by someone with zero personality and a dubious past in relation to steroids. Why do people care? It's the same reason you care about the Tour de France, even if you don't ride a bike. It's the same reason you...
I've a long time Apple user, and I knew it would be a matter of time before I bought the iPhone. It got pretty good reviews, especially from Ars, so I went out and picked it up on Friday. It's been 3 days and I still just turn it on to slide the little unlock bar left to right and then turn it off again. It really is amazing. There are some things about it that *slightly* annoy me, but most of it I'm assuming will come along in updates in the near future. Even as the...
Exactly my thought. I have Cingular now ... if I break my 2 year with them, it'll cost me $175. Verizon would charge you $150. I dunno how much T-Mobile, Sprint, etc. would charge you, but I dunno why this is an issue ... if you're breaking the contract, then you're breaking the contract. Same thing happens when you lease an apartment - if you break the lease early, usually they'll charge you a fee in addition to an extra months rent. Yes, I know the iPhone isn't...
I guess we'll have to wait until November to find out what its really made of, but I like the phone integration ... that could be VERY useful. My main concern though isn't Apple competing ... I know then can do that. My concern is over the UI itself ... Steve touted Multi-Touch a whole lot with the iPhone intro. I want to know if Apple is liscensing the technology or if it was something they developed. The potential battle over the UI could be huge...
So what does anybody make of Microsoft's new "tabletop" computer? Here's a link to the article... Microsoft Unveils "Surface" What strikes me most when I read this article is that 1) Microsoft calls the UI "Multi-Touch" and 2) It seems to work the same way that the iPhone's UI does ... shink and expand by moving your fingers, etc. Does it look like another UI lawsuit war is on the way??? Anyone have any thoughts? I hadn't seen this project rumored so it came as...
Could be the server timed out from excessive load ... kinda like my Wii ... I can almost never access Wii Shop because everyone and their mother is on it downloading vitual console games, but I can go anywhere else on the internet ... keep trying, eventually you'll get through!
I upgraded this morning without a problem and everything seems to be in working order. I upgraded the few EMI tracks I had painlessly, but I have yet to find where I can set in the preferences to show the DRM-free version instead of the DRM version if its available. There is no change in my Store preferences? Strange ... actually, the most exciting news for me was iTunes U. I just recently graduated and having free courses online is fantastic, especially if you're...