or Connect

Posts by AgNuke1707

Hey there! Actually, the same thing happened to me a while back. I bought a "retial" copy of Panther off of eBay and it installed just fine because I was running 10.2.8, BUT when I went to install it on my brother's G3 running 9.2.2. I got the same error message you're getting. You're assertion that Apple sells only retail copies of Mas OS X is correct. Apple does not sell OS updates; however, whenever people buy a new Mac within a certain period of the relseae date,...
Hey there, hope someone can help - here's the story: My roommate in the dorm is trying to print to my printer. He's running Windows XP SP2, and I'm running OS X 10.3.7, but I have tried everything and we can not get his computer to see mine on the network. I go to My Prefs and turn my firewall off, then I select Personal Web Sharing, Printer sharing and Windows sharing to turn them on. He goes into XP to try and find a connected network printer and he can't see me. ...
An easy way to check what you need is open up the system profiler and clcik on "Memory." This will show the RAM slot and the type of module that is currently installed in it. Write down the RAM speed so you have it for reference when you go to buy a new one. Upgrading to a 1 GB chip is respectable, but it WILL cost you no matter what avenue you take. Be prepared to spend upwards of $150 - $200 for one. Match the RAM speeds and make sure you have the right type of...
cjs6, I'll see if I can help you out. I've been running DC for about 2 years now with both OS X Jaguar and now Panther (10.3.7). The first thing you need to relaize is that it is not called DC++ on the Mac system, simply Direct Connect (or DC). It operates the same way though. Go to the following site: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/984992057/2 and download DC for Mac OS X 1.1.0. It will download a .sit file. Decompress the .sit with Stuffit Exapander...
xflare, you have issues if you think web browser speed is ANY indication of system performance as a whole. Macs are in most cases more speedy and powerful than their PC counterparts. You'll find that a $495 desktop PC with XP and Office preloaded and all the other bells and whistles they offer is going to be slow compared to even an iMac. Pit it against the beast that is the new G5 tower, and there is no comparison. The Mac is far more powerful and speedy than the PC. ...