or Connect

Posts by AgNuke1707

Could be the server timed out from excessive load ... kinda like my Wii ... I can almost never access Wii Shop because everyone and their mother is on it downloading vitual console games, but I can go anywhere else on the internet ... keep trying, eventually you'll get through!
I upgraded this morning without a problem and everything seems to be in working order. I upgraded the few EMI tracks I had painlessly, but I have yet to find where I can set in the preferences to show the DRM-free version instead of the DRM version if its available. There is no change in my Store preferences? Strange ... actually, the most exciting news for me was iTunes U. I just recently graduated and having free courses online is fantastic, especially if you're...
So, after I got home this evening I opened up the same firewall ports my iMac is using for iChat on my wireless router, but still no luck ... anyone have any ideas what might be going on???
Hey there, I just wanted to know if it's possible to video chat using iChat AV 3 on my Mac and connecting to a PC running Vista using AIM 6.1. AIM 5.9 no longer works (or for that matter shows a video chat option on the PC). I have my firewall setup to allow TCP Ports 5190 and 5298 and UPD Ports 5060, 5190, 5297, 5298 and 5678 to go through. Right now I'm bouncing off a wireless router at my home - do I need to allow AIM through at the router as well, or is there...
Well, if this is true and Apple really does drop the Mini completely, and with rumours of dropping the 17" iMac, I see this as Apple looking to push a completely new device at the $899 - $1099 price range. Maybe the headless tower people have clamored for? It will be very sad to see the mini go though, I was able to switch three families from PCs to Macs by taking them to Apple stores and pointing out the Mac Mini. Apple is equated with high prices by a lot of people...
See, what do they mean by "green product" ... one that contains no hazardous chemicals? That's going to be impossible for any electronics manufacturer ... it would be nice if Greenpeace actually defined what they wanted...
Running to do a clean reinstall might not be the BEST thing to do just yet. There's a couple of things you can do to try and correct it without going through that hassle. First, download OnyX and run the automation scripts. WHen that's done, restart and try it out. Let me know what happens...
Well, yes, Apple's own store does only list PPC processors, but if you had an intel based Mac running Tiger, wouldn't that be a clue that OS X is native to it? If you also go to the OS X tab on the home page and click on Mac OS X Tiger, it talks all about Tiger being compatabile with both Intel and PPC Macs. Tiger was released before the Intel transition and I'm guessing Apple just didn't update their store page accordingly. But seriously ... I think it's okay to assume...
So many mad and disheartened people out there. I'm a little bummed, but it's not a show stopper. I'm running 10.4.9 on the last iMac G5 and it's still strong with no noticeable slowdown (and I can still run CS2 and Office natively on PPC ). I think Apple is sort of at a crossroads right now, trying to deal with their meteroic rise as a recognizeable consumer electronics brand. Everyone wants the iPod to evolve. Lots of people want the iPhone to get here. There's the...
I tried this and it seems to have worked. I'll keep an eye out over the next few days to see if it happens again though. Thanks!Interesting ... thanks for your help!