or Connect

Posts by AgNuke1707

My best advice is to buy one, then eBay it here in like 4 months and then buy the new one. I've done that with every iPod revision since the 3rd gen. You'll still get a fairly good price for your "obsolete" iPod.
Precisely ... the multi-touch technology is BRAND NEW. Apple isn't going to slap it in their best-selling consumer product without seeing how it goes over on its Guinea Pig device (the iPhone). The iPod as it currently sits is only about 6 months old. Waiting another 3 - 4 to make sure that their next move (Multi-Touch, widescreen, larger HDD, longer bat life, WiFi and/or bluetooth, etc.) doesn't seem so bad. With the iPhone coming out, it'll become very interesting to...
This happens to me on occasion ... I'm not sure why it happens, but this is what you can do to fix it... 1) Add .doc to ANY MS Word file that you have 2) Open the file in word and then quit. The icon should now be changed to the MS Word icon. 3) Highlight the icon and then hit Apple+i to get info for the file. Where it says "Open With...", change that to something other than MS Word, then change it back and click the "Change All..." 4) You can then remove the .doc...
Yeah, your MB should have come with a software restore disk which has a copy of Mac OS X on it. When you fire it up, it gives you the option of "Archive and Install". This saves your current system settings and reinstalls OS X. Something like the computer slowing down could be caused by any number of things though. You could have bad RAM, your HDD might be full, some app that you installed left something running in the background that's eating your memory alive. ...
What computer are you trying to connect to the Mac and what are you trying to do? Are just trying to set up file sharing with a Windows PC or another Mac, or are you trying to do even more? Your Firewall could also be in the way ... make sure you're allowing it to go through the firewall like sunilraman suggested. Any other information you can provide?
Oh, I completely agree with you. I'd love not to be tied to a provider. I'd like national WiFi and an iPhone so I could use VoIP for everything. It's going to take a while for cell companies to change ther model. Look how long it took the recording industry to consider digital media. They're still dragging on it by arguing for DRM to "protect their property". The music industry is slowly changing. I hope the cell phone industry can do the same.
You got me. My cover is blown. Yeah, 5 years is a long time to wait, but do you honestly think Apple is going to roll out a national cell phone network in 5 years? Cause they'll need more than one phone, then they'll need to either buy network or build their own, oh yeah ... then get the Fed approval. Remember, my Dad doesn't like to play his cards till he's been called. This would be a very public thing for Apple. You're right ... words don't mean much, but if I'm...
So how is what I've said "bowing to the evil empire"? All I said is that you can't really say well they're Apple's customers or Cingular's customers because they deal in two different sides of the same issue. Whether or not you like the cell phone market in it's present form is immaterial. Yes, I think most cell carriers are heavy-handed and difficult to deal with, but hey ... I'm on call with my employer. I have to have one. Do you have one? Are you accepting the...
A couple of objections to what you're getting at... 1) Apple isn't going to start their own cellular network in 5 years. Not happening. Provide a varied line of "iPhones", sure, but there's no way Apple is going to piggyback Cingular for however long and then break off and become Apple Mobile selling only Apple branded phones. If Google succeeds in a National WiFi network, eh ... then maybe we have a chance at seeing an Apple VoIP phone. Don't hold your breath 2) If...
I could ... but I'm with Cingular I switched from Verizon about 18 months ago because most of the people I called all the time were Cingular customers and I was tired of it eating up my minutes wih Verizon. They were also costing me a ton of money. It was a good network, but not what I wanted.I think someone nailed it though. The iPhone as it stands is probably filler until Apple gets what they want in a service. Apple wants to control their product like they always...