or Connect

Posts by gugy

The RED products are very exciting. Specially the entry level Scarlet They are revisiting the entire concept of Scarlet, so hopefully that does not mean a huge price hike for the product. $3k is a great start price point. I can't wait to order one.
exactly hmurchison, This is Apple biggest hurdle. If they conquer that AppleTV will become a huge success overnight. Right now I think the device is cool, I hope for a bit more in order to buy it, but I am not dropping my satellite and DVR equipment for it yet. Still have a long way to go.
Jobs, still calling AppleTV a hobby because I think he is having a huge hard time breaking into the networks and movie studios distribution of content. It's pretty solid that Jobs want to make iTunes the portal of all of the content in order to AppleTV becoming a successful and mass market product. The problem is the studios and networks are not buying into it and making it really hard to happen. They are worried the way Apple dominates the digital downloads for music and...
Jobs said: Asked about the "digital living room opportunity and how it relates to Apple TV," Jobs replied, "well again I think the whole category is still a hobby right now. I don't think anybody has succeeded at it. And actually the experimentation has slowed down. A lot of the early companies that were trying things have faded away." "So I have to say that given the economic conditions, given the venture capital outlook and stuff, I continue to believe that it will...
Nice monitors! I can assure you one you go bigger, you never want to go back. I have one 30" and one 23" and once Apple updates the displays, I will get another 30" and sell my 23". It is so nice to work on a big canvas. Makes you so more productive and the process more enjoyable IMHO.
Yes, I did but you have to see there are 3 displays on the Cinema family. 20", 23" and 30". Apple has now a 24" that seems was create specific to be a companion to the MacBook/Pro. (glossy screen/no DVI)MacPro is one of the computers that offer the highest margins of profit for Apple. Professionals that buy hi-end desktops also are looking for displays as well. Apple has to offer at least 2 to 3 options that include DVI, so it could be use on old desktops as well. That's...
No way, you are lost here buddy.Apple will not kill or reduce to one their Cinema displays line. This clearly shows you are not a professional that depends on a Mac.30" display is a God send for creative professionals. If Apple kills it will outrage professionals. Plus it will limit the choices out there big time. Just 24" makes no sense.Plus Apple do not need to kill or reduce these Cinema displays to "differentiate" anything relate to their HDTV (if they ever do that)....
AppleTV 3.0, this time hardware and software update. iMac speed update MacMini speed update Redesign MacPro Redesign Cinema Displays iLife and iWork suite update iPhone 32gig. That's it.
[QUOTE=Johnny Mozzarella;1321907 No company is better equipped to develop a modern "TV" than Apple.[/QUOTE] Johnny, While I agreed somewhat with your statement above you have to take in consideration that the current state the HDTV market means very low profit margins. Also most of manufactures offer great products right now, but they are still struggling to make it. Some are outsourcing, merging and re-structuring in order to survive. My point is while Apple could make...
thanks for the laugh. you are a good joker. Cheers bro