or Connect

Posts by gugy

yeah, right...
That's totally fine, but it would be nice if you accept that many folks here have different opinions and views than you, instead you rather just joke about the ones who disagreed with. Cheers man. Keep the good work.
You can rub it as much as you want. If the product is worth and outstanding, I am going to benefit from it too. So who cares.Until then you are full of hot air. But you already confirmed that in the past yourself. Also the folks of Appleinsider bring good reasons and back up my point of view. So, I guess I am in good company.
Not trying to stop any train my friend. Just using common sense to why this is not worth the risk at this point in time. Appleinsider offers a very good reason why is not a good idea. Instead you just present wishful thinking to back up your wishes. Bring the facts buddy. If Apple makes an amazing HDTV that has better picture than Pioneer Kuro and on top of that offer out of this world tech and a comparable price tag, I will gladly sell mine and buy it and...
Very true, one more reason I don't like AIO things very much. People tend to keep their tv sets for while. I had my Sony CRT 32" for 12 years before upgrading to a plasma flat panel from Pioneer. I have intention to keep this set for at least another 6 to 7 years. Why would I want a piece of tech that can be outdated in 2 years like AppleTV while my TV sets still delivering flawless picture? I much rather buy every two years a new AppleTV stand alone box for $200 than...
I think the article clearly demonstrates why Apple should not venture on doing a HDTV. Seriously there is no reason to ask Apple to put their brand on everything. I would love to see them back focusing on computers hardware and software than start spreading their brand all over the place and losing focus on what is important. HDTV profit margins are very thin and manufactures are merging, outsourcing and cutting costs to stay afloat. Apple bringing their business to the...
Marzetta, They are already on stores. If you go to AVS some people are giving their impressions already. Some like it others don't think they are that striking. I have an Elite Kuro and I can tell you is beautiful. If Apple ever get into the television set business, they will have a steep hill to climb to match the picture quality of some hi-end sets out there. cheers
Laser is interesting but I think is not ready for prime time yet. It might take few years if indeed this will be the new technology. Right now the best possible picture is on Plasmas, specially the Pioneer Kuros. But again, it could be laser is the future. AVSforum.com is a great place to get more info.
Pioneer is not abandoning plasma business. They are outsourcing some of their components to another companies to stay afloat (low profit margins in this segment). The have been in the red for many years and this year will be the last year you will buy a Pioneer display that's almost all Pioneer. Next generation (10th) they will use Panasonic glass and other components from different manufactures. If they will keep their quality at the best on the business, remains to be...
Another point Spam.Apple needs to revamp the AppleTV box big time. The way they are now is not very successful and is not selling well. I do hope Apple will come with killer features on the next incarnation. If they eventually get a solid product their chances to expand it to a TV or something else will have much more impact bringing people to consider buying it.Let's hope something cool is coming. But mostly important, please focus on computers! I do miss the times...