or Connect

Posts by tilt

Hi, After struggling a while I finally managed to connect my Airport Express to my Airport Extreme network and use the Express to stream iTunes to my stereo. However there are a couple of problems which I hope the technically minded and iTunes experts might be able to solve for me: 1. I get a loud humming from the speakers when I connect the jack to the Airport Express. Nothing need be playing, just being connected brings out the continuous hum. The hum stops when i...
I don't know what to say other than mea culpa. Cheers
If BBC has started to use such terms, it is the beginning of the end Cheers
This morning while watching CBC's coverage of the Beijing olympics I heard the anchor use the word "winningest". I was not eloquent enough to be able to express my disgust in any of the languages I speak. I first heard this word used by some American TV commentator with respect to some American race-car driver. I remember thinking then that I should forgive this man because he was American and did not know any better; but when I heard it on CBC I had trouble containing...
Not "orientate", but orient. Not "preventative" but "preventive". Not "No admittance" but "No admission". Misuse of apostrophes. "It's" means "It is", not "belonging to it". "Belonging to it" is "its" without the apostrophe. "Between you and I" - that drives me absolutely nuts. It's "between you and ME" (note the use of the apostrophe in "It's"). "Him and me", "Her and I", "Her and her mother" - Yeesh! Learn when to use "he", "she" and "we" instead of "him", "her"...
Aresee, I used the default setttings, all unseen episodes. Everyone, oddly enough, I connected the iPod again today after I got back into town and synced again. This time for some reason, everything worked well and I can see the podcasts in the iPod properly, including the video. Ironically I was on hold with Applecare for this same issue while I tried this! Thanks again to everyone and I hope some day I find out why it did not work the first time and it worked...
Apologies to both of you for the delay in responding - and thank you both for responding. In iTunes the podcasts show up in the podcasts section, not in the music section. And when I synced (sunc???) the podcasts, I did go into the podcasts tab of the iPod to sync. bClapper, yes, the iPod menu is set up to display podcasts (or at least there is a podcasts menu in my iPod under which there is nothing) Someone on another forum has pointed me to something on...
Hi, Tiger with latest updates, MacBook first generation, iPod classic 160 gigs, latest iTunes. For the first time in my life I downloaded a few podcasts from iTunes - some of them video and some not. I then synced my iPod. Now the problem: I use the click-wheel and scroll down to Podcasts - there is none! I scroll up to Music, look at the playlist "Recently Added" and all my podcasts are there. When I play them, they play like normal songs but I cannot see the...
Hi, I was given to understand that the advantage of a DECT 6.0 phone over a 2.x or a 5.8 phone was that the wireless will not be interrupted when the phone is in use. It seems to be incorrect. I recently bought a Panasonic DECT 6.0 phone set to replace my 2.4 gig set. Now whenever the phone rings or whenever someone in my house makes a call, I lose the wireless connection for a couple of seconds and then it comes back. I have tested this a few times to make sure that...
Thanks nvidia Cheers