or Connect

Posts by tilt

Thank you k_munic. That helps. Cheers
Hi all If I create a DVD of a home movie on the Mac using iDVD5, would the DVD be region coded - meaning, can I play the DVD on any player around the world or would it only play in Region 1 (USA, Canada and UK) players? Also, assuming it does not region-code the DVD, would it record DVDs in NTSC format or can these DVDs be displayed on a PAL or SECAM TV? Or is this question relevant only for VHS and never for DVDs? Thanks and cheers
Would love to up the RAM, but can't afford the money at this time. Maybe in a few months I shall be able to. Cheers
Thanks MCQ. I maybe new to the Mac but am not very new to Appleinsider. Appleinsider contributed to most of my research and some wonderful people out here patiently clarified my doubts. Cheers
I just placed an order for my mini (entry level, $629 Canadian) a few minutes ago with a reseller here and expect to pick up my mini this Friday. I got a great deal - the mini + IWorks'05 + a Lexmark X-5250 Printer/Copier/Scanner/Fax all included in the $629 Canadian. I am not planning on upgrading the RAM because for my use the mini seems to perform well enough with 256. My first ever Mac (have been lusting after one ever since the lamp-imac came out). Have been...
Hmm... one reply that contradicts the first two. Thanks for the responses I shall use those discs on my PC instead Thanks and cheers
Hi all People sometimes give me demo CDs which are the size of minidiscs, smaller than the usual CDs physically. On a tray-loading CD drive it is easy to read these as they fit into the smaller diameter tray. How would one go about reading these on a slot-loading Mac? Thanks and cheers
Thank you gentlemen. Now all that's left is for me to scrape the money and buy one of those cuties Cheers
Karl, thank you for responding. 3. The reason I asked this is because the Mini comes with a 40 gig drive. If I could have my /home on an external 120 gig drive then I need not worry about space. In my Linux machine I have 2 physical drives where the OS resides on one drive and my /home is on the second drive. This way I can keep changing distros without having to lose my /home every time. 4. Apparently the QT that comes default with the Mini cannot even play...
One question I forgot to include: My wife uses Windows and chats with her friends using Yahoo Messenger and MSN Messenger, including voice-chat. The tech at the Apple reseller told me that I-chat only works with AOL instant messenger. Would any of you be able to tell me how you get around this issue? Thanks and cheers