or Connect

Posts by tilt

Thanks Teedoff. This looks like it could work! Cheers
Hi, I have 80+ gigs of music on my PC. My MacBook only has a 60 gig drive with around 12 gigs free, so I just bought an external drive (MyBook Pro II 1TB with triple interface) to move my music to. The plan is, once I move the music to this drive, I shall buy my first ever portable music player, a 160 gig iPod Classic and load the songs onto it. Thing is, since the MyBook came pre-formatted as HFS for the Mac, my PC cannot see the drive. So I shall have to go the...
Thanks smax. Cheers
Thank you MrTotes. Considering I don't have FW800 on my MacBook, wouldn't USB be a faster option than FW400? Also, can I connect the drive t the USB port on my Airport Express? Cheers
Hi, Over the last few months a lot of you have given me a lot of information about external hard drives and I am very grateful. I was still vacillating all these months and during that time larger drives started appearing. Today I finally actually ordered. I have ordered two drives, both at Costco. One is the 1TB Ethernet drive and the other is the 1TB USB/FW400/FW800 triple interface drive. The Ethernet drive does not have USB or FW, only Ethernet. BTW, both drives...
Yes you can. I do.
Did you try doing a factory-reset of you Airport Express? Cheers
Thank you mrtotes. Cheers
Thanks Ebby. Unfortunately the public libraries here only permit you to renew books, not music CDs or DVDs. VHS tapes can be renewed but not DVDs. Go figure. As to making copies of the DVD, I do not have a DVD burner and so cannot burn a copy, which is why the question of viewing the DMG directly came up. Anyway, it is now a moot point because I just returned the DVD, did not have time to watch it. Cheers
Hi, I borrowed a DVD from my public library and have not had a chance to watch it yet (The Motorcycle Diaries). The DVD is due tomorrow. Is it possible to make a disk image of the DVD and watch the disk image like a real DVD? I am not interested in burning a copy because I do not have a DVD burner. I only want to be able to watch the movie. Thanks and cheers